Melting temp. too cool for tart warmer?

I have two tart warmers that I am testing. One heats the wax to 185-190. The temp. of the wax in the second warmer is only 140-145 after 3 hours of use. I use a voltive soy wax with a melt point of 137. I was thinking that maybe the second warmer is not hot enough because there is still a very small amount of wax in the warmer along the sides that isn't totally melted. Is there an ideal temp. that a warmer should reach for soy tarts?

I hope someone can answer this?I have the candle warmers from Wal Mart and Michaels.They are the same.Checked that. use those for my tarts.I am going to be ordering some tart warmers soon and want to try a test a few.Saw some I like from Jackel's.

LynnS

I just recently got my first electric warmer from Jackel. It is beautiful! BUT, it leaves an unmelted ring around the melt pool, and I am getting a very weak throw from it, it has me baffled. My tarts throw awesome in a warmer that is 17 watts and above,(The Jackel warmer is 12 watts) OR in a tea light warmer. I use a straight par w/ a MP of 126' (I know this is a post about soy tarts, but the same thing is happening to me and it has me MAD!:angry2: ) I wanted to order some of these to sell next Christmas, now I am not so sure if I should! My customers are used to the tealight warmers and I think they'd be dissappointed w/ the throw from one of these warmers!

The one we have heats up to 185 and works wonderfully... it isn't really a tart burner it is a potpourri crock pot.. WORKS GREAT!! Fills the house with whatever we put in it and it is a totally liquid meltpool. I know that they say not to use these because of the high temp but our tarts get scent added at 185 anyway so if it stays under 200 I don't see much problem with it.

Hope that helps,

Mark

Sharon,

I don't know if this will help you but I did post a question some time ago concerning if there where specific types of burners just for soy. Someone posted that if you are using the type of electric burners with the light bulb you should use a 40 watt bulb for soy. Others posted that they were pleased with a 25 watt. So if your burner has a bulb you might consider switching to a different watt. I just didn't know if there was an ideal temp. for these burners or not. The one I am testing now does not heat with a bulb. I had a crock potpourri burner in the past and the instructions stated not to use it for burning wax. No reason was given. The one mentioned above is probably different.