Got my 4625 today and this happened..

What in the world have I done? They were both made with the IGI 4625, 1oz of FO, the yellow is Fruit Slices and the Ivory/Tan is Vanilla Hazlenut. Heated to 190 to add FO, poured at 145 for a rustic look (I was hoping anyway) and got this. Is the yellow mottled? From what I have read, this wax would not do that. Is this supposed to happen or did I get the wrong wax? PLEASE HELP!:undecided

post-2155-139458390184_thumb.jpg

post-2155-139458390188_thumb.jpg

I didn't think it looked like 4625. Not like anything that I've seen on here anyway. I e-mailed the place I got it from, still waiting to see what they have to say.
What you got is straight paraffin instead of a preblend. The same thing happened to me once in reverse. Who did you buy it from? Not looking for any supplier to get bashed - mistakes happen - but I'm curious.

I got it from Candle Science in North Carolina. That was the closest place I could find to me with reasonable shipping. Glad I only ordered 1 slab. How can I make this stuff make a rustic candle? Or anything else for that matter?

ok, so I look this straight parrafin stuff up to see what I got and it says that 1343 only holds 3% Fo or 1/2oz right? Is that why what I made with 1oz was sweating like someone runnin' like they stole something?:bliss:

ok, so I look this straight parrafin stuff up to see what I got and it says that 1343 only holds 3% Fo or 1/2oz right? Is that why what I made with 1oz was sweating like someone runnin' like they stole something?:bliss:
That's true if you use it straight, but with additives you can get it to hold as much as you want.

You're limited in what additives you can use for a rustic though, so you won't be able to max it out with just 1343 and stearic. My instinct would be 3/4 oz of something strong but I think people are using 1 oz.

If CandleScience sent you the wrong wax I'm sure they'll gladly send you a slab of 4625. They're the best.

I had the same experience in Canada about 8 months ago with the 4625 wax. First off all six slabs were a pale creamy yellow colour instead of white and when I poured, got the same thing happening as you just did. Called my supplier and she stated that boxes are all listed as 4625. I was wondering if IGI made a mistake when boxing it.

What in the world have I done? They were both made with the IGI 4625, 1oz of FO, the yellow is Fruit Slices and the Ivory/Tan is Vanilla Hazlenut. Heated to 190 to add FO, poured at 145 for a rustic look (I was hoping anyway) and got this. Is the yellow mottled? From what I have read, this wax would not do that. Is this supposed to happen or did I get the wrong wax? PLEASE HELP!:undecided

A bit of vybar will kill the mottle and help with the sweating. 1 teaspoon per pound should work well.

I use the 4625 for my pillars,tarts and votives and I have never seen it do that before,,,,As far as Mottling goes 4625 wont do that due to the way it is pre-blended,,,, Like Top said,,you must have gotten straight paraffin....Good Luck!!!!:D