Horrible and Ashamed to post this

dcroome2005

But I know the only way to learn is to show and ask WHY??? HOW??? WHAT??? lol

OK , first time every experiementing with gel.. OHH BOY, do I want to never try this crap again.. How in the world could anyone like gel?? Its a mess to work with.

Anyways , here are two pies I just made.. Yeah, I know you proably don't know what it is suppose to be, but -- Its Oreo Cookie.. Don't ask me what I did wrong but it looks like CHIT!

The left one has no fragrance.. Why?? Because I forgot to add the darn FO.. After fixing that one up to look like crap, I realized and put Choc Cake FO in for the second one..

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

I heated wax to 200 Poured into pyrex cup, whipped, poured and ta da- GOT THIS GARBAGE

Please-- do not feel bad about writing and saying " Yep Christina, it looks like crap" LOL

This deserves the " Most Horrible Picture on CT " award

Christina

post-1870-139458390158_thumb.jpg

They don't look so bad. ;)

And don't feel silly, we've all forgot the FO before. I made a batch of 10 cherry pies with no fragrance, and they were supposed to be chrsitmas gifts. :undecided

I personally love gel, and I think it's pretty easy to work with. I melt mine directly on the stove, and gel is much easier to clean up with paraffin. If you drip some on the counter, it just peels right off. Not that I've done that or anything... :laugh2:

I think you did a good job to but it looks like your wax wasnt cooled and whipped enough as it looks runny. Just whip the wax next time till it looks like whip cream and they should look great. Dont give up as everything seems scary and difficult the first time around. Lin

I appreciate your willingness to put yourself out there & asking for feedback, & I really appreciate the saying in your signature line ... did you come up with it or borrow it? Either way, thanks for bringing it into my world. :laugh2:

Keep workin' the gel, girl, the 1st few always suck .... well, seldom are they perfect, but you can only get good at something after many episodes of trial & error & learning & doing different. I'm sure things will get better. This is when having a stubborn streak can work in your favor. ;)

Not bad for a 1st try. I melt my gel in a 4 cup glass pyrex measuring cup in the oven. Too scarey to do it on direct heat on the stove. But I have to set my poor old oven (all I know is it's over 25 yrs old) at 250 for the gel to melt. Then mix forever to get the whipped cream look. I've tried a whisk and a fork. Did better with a fork. My problem with gel is the little balls of gel that get everywhere as I try to measure it out. Love the way it peels off after I've poured a candle. Just keep on experimenting. You'll get the hang of it.

Thank you all. I know that you all have kept me going and lifted my spirits of the Oreo Crap ( that is what I call it now ) LOL

Thanks to all the pm's in giving me advice and support and helping me to start with other ones. I appreciate it all

Geekrunner- I now want DQ - THANKS LOL

Mtn- I used to be a terrible teen and always got into fights LOL My dad always told me to never argue with a fool because an onlooker may not notice the difference of who is the fool LOL I just have always loved that saying even though I don't always stick to it. LOL

Christina

i have found that mixing (about) 1/3 gel (melted) with 2/3 paraffin (melted), letting it cool a bit and then whipping the heck out of it makes a very nice whipped topping look. and it also mounds nicely in the pie shell for a pudding look pie.

hth,

cheryl

Could I put it on my site without testing and sell it?? LMFAO ok, had to say it but these will not be going on my site at all. I am not even testing these suckers LOL That is how bad I think they are. I am waiting for the other pie kits for blueberry and strawberry ones and then see how I like making those and test them if I feel comfortable

Christina

Christina, they don't look as bad as you think. I just think you are being way to critical of yourself.:awww: I think we sometime expect to much when we first try something out, not realizing that we are going to mess up sometimes. I know I do it all the time. I like it, I automatically knew what it was, oreo cookies are my favorite, especially cookies & cream. Chin up girl, and you'll get it in due time...add it to a scrapbook or something, so you can remember when you started out, I'm sure it will make you smile ;) !!! I'll be looking forward to your next post of the strawberry and blueberry.

Thanks Kim... Can't wait for them to get here. I love trying new things. I sometimes hate posting pictures on here because I see soooo many beautiful candles on here that these "experts" make, but I like posting so I can get feedback on what I should possibly do the next time I try it. I sent those pictures to a few of my friends but let them know I wont be sellign oreo pies anytime soon if at all.. Told them to be on the watch for the blueberry and strawberry pies though because I believe I can make those look good :-)

I just love this board. I am addicted

Christina