Survival Candles and Citronella

Have any of you had any luck in selling Survival Candles for Campers and Hikers, etc?  I don't mean tea light style or pillar, I'm  talking the tin container type.  I live down the road from a camp site and I was thinking of approaching the owner about possibly selling some in his store.  I was considering Citronella ones as well.  I was wondering if any of you tried this concept.  I made some fire starters for the Hunters/Snow Mobile riders/Trackers, in the family to add to their Emergency Survival Kits.  Most of them used them and liked the idea and said I should sell Survival Candles.  I'm seeking some feed back on the idea.

I plan to approach a company with a big idea that I have. It's not survival candles, but something different. I think your idea sounds like an excellent idea. It's better to ask and be told 'No thanks' than to not ask at all. Even if you ask, and they aren't interested it doesn't mean they won't toss the idea around in their head after you leave. I would ask a 2nd time after some months have passed by just to see if they have reconsidered. For your sake - hopefully they are going to be interested NOW!

Seems to me you already know the worst case scenario. What have you to lose? If nothing else, you'll be sitting quite comfy in your back yard hammock while the neighbors are busy smacking and scratching. You might consider a neighborhood cook-out, and sell a few that way. I'm sure the macho men at the grill would appreciate it! I know I would... the mosquitoes here are like small birds...

I would also try wholesaling some to local hardware stores! Maybe put that store's label on them even... you'd be surprised at what us old timers throw our money at. At least, do a macho label with cargo lettering, maybe a mosquito in a gun sight target... give it a manly name, too, like "Silent But Deadly" or "Skeeter Skatter" lol