Anyone know what causes this?

Guest OldGlory

I've been pouring soy wax candles for 10+ years and reds have always been tough to color correctly. Paraffin is so much easier to color. So I end up adding brown or purple or black to get the right shade. And that looks like soy frosting to me too, but it's hard to tell.

Yes it's frosting. I sent the picture off to CS and they said that 100% soy wax will frost no matter what you do. But they strongly advised that I check my temps. They compared it to a chocolate bar that gets white powdery look on the bottom. I can't eat them but I was always told if Chocolate has white on it not to eat it because it's old and no good. Does that mean my wax is no good--LOL

I switched to the CS wax trying to save a little money, I saw that it said PB, I took that as a paraffin blend, instead it meant Pillar Blend. They told me I could add paraffin to it to stop the frosting, which will cost me more in the long run. I can get a soy/paraffin blend from NG for $18.99-10lbs vs $17.99 +$18.99-per 10lbs from CS. Is anyone ever completely happy with their wax choices? Do you think I could use the CS-wax for tin container Citronella Candles? I need to find a use for it.