Hey guys! I was wondering if anybody had any problems with their blends deteriorating the orifice or lids of their amber vials? I just didn't know how many years customers would be able to keep them for. I've been doing a lot of homework on EO's and I do understand they need to be stored in a dark, cool place (preferably in amber glass vials in the fridge), but does it matter what material the orifice and lid are? I read somewhere that if the EO's were to be touching any kind of plastic for periods of time it needs to be HDPE plastic. When I go to different websites, they either don't list the kind of plastics the orifices and lids are, but this one store says their products are made from polypropylene or Phenolic plastics. Will those hold up for years? May I get your two cents on the matter? TIA!

Guest OldGlory

I have had the dropper orafices degrade over years of storage. It's best to store them without the dropper. Offer a different cap and suggest they store the product with that cap. Just a suggestion.

Plastic and rubber are the worst when storing EOs, if you get any on rubber or plastic it immediately starts to break down the material. - I agree with OldGlory but make sure that when you give them a different cap that it doesn't have a rubber seal and check inside the cap to make sure there's no plastic in it. Also make sure that when they use a dropper that they do not get any of the EO up inside the plunger and after they use it, they rinse the dropper completely out and allow it to air dry.

Edited by CandleKitty