Informal Poll - Wax

I have been using IGI-1343 for several years now, however since I have started coming back from my hiatus, I checked with my wax distributor and found out they are no longer carrying the 1343.

I know that I can continue getting my wax from other suppliers but my distributor is an hour and a half from me and I can save quite a bit of money if I continue using them either by going up to get the wax or having it shipped to me (or have my family pick up wax for me since they also have a distribution center in KCK).

I am wanting to know if anyone has used any other IGI's straight paraffins, I don't do the pre-blended wax because straight paraffin gives me a lot of versatility - I use several different techniques when I make my candles.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Hey Joy

DPS/Morris is still selling 1343 but when I got on the website I noticed the Springfield center didn't list it. I'm calling Monday to verify, I'm just covering my bases in the event that center isn't going to continue carrying it.

I've also been wanting to change things up a bit anyway, I started off using 1218 for a while before moving to 1343.

Hello David

I think you are right about 1343 - IGI's website no longer lists it. I am really bummed out about this, too - I love 1343, it's a very responsive wax and figure I'd use it for a very long time. I like to change things up and experiment with other waxes, but I've always gone back to 1343.

I was VERY disappointed in their "distribution" in Kansas City. So much so that I buy my wax from Peak and pay shipping.

Met a guy at a trailer in an industrial area. He had me drive back to a storage unit. I had to point out my waxes. NO climate control. The second bag in my case had a strong smell that I have not had with others and I ended up throwing about half a bag out.

I do not know what I expected but that was not it.

'

I am actually shocked you even went down there, Karen. That area is probably the absolute worst part of KCK - grew up there and lived there half my life and no way would I go down there by myself. Only reason I'd let my family down there is my sister works for the KCMOPD.