For those who use a larger pot than Presto...

Thank you all!

I have been reading about and checking out the MasterBuilt turkey fryers.

I do have a big Rival roaster but it is so large that it has never appealed to me to make melts. My mom bought us all one for Christmas a number of years ago. I used it once for cooking a turkey and clean up was a mess. It has been on the top shelf of my hall pantry for a few years now.

I do get a sense, from reading, that the new MasterBuilt fryers are not as good at all as the "old". Seems that is often the case.

My stainless Presto also seems to have disappeared online and can no longer be found for purchase.

Thanks so much again for the great feedback. I appreciate it!

Oh, my goodness!

If this works out, I scored. Searched ebay and then thought I should at least check craigslist. I did and someone has just what I am looking for, never used, still in box, been stored in their barn (so the box is dusty) for a steal. It has been listed for 2 months so I feared it was gone. They still have it and I can buy it.

They are flying out for a long weekend today so they asked if I could wait until Monday. They gave me email and phone information and asked that I contact them Monday to come and get it.

Provided this does not fall through, I will post what I found then.