wax is trying to kill me lol turned odd color.

I must be the most annoying person ever at this point lol. Ok so I am having the hardest time with my wax...Everything has been going great...I am still using the same wax and formulas and nothing has changed...however Ihad the FO issue last night and now tonight I melted some wax...It seemed fine It is all paraffin and very clear. I let it cool to the temp I need in the pour pot and all of a sudden it is turning tan....I had earlier dumped a batch because it had turned tan in the warming pot and even though I had no scorched smell I assumed it had...now The wax that just turned tan in the pour pot was a little lower temp then I wanted so I heated it up in the double boiler...it turned clear again? Anyone know what is going on?

Vanilla is probably the culprit. I have several fos that look clear when liquid but turn ivory or caramel colored when set. I'm ok with that but there is nothing wrong with your wax. I have a creme brulee that turns ivory and a muscadine that turns caramel with a slight reddish tint. Very heavy vanilla bases. HTH

Steve