9oz salsa looking jar

I buy the 12 oz jars from SKS Bottle and Packaging (find in resource on fragrance page) and get free shipping if over $250.00 order. You can get gold, silver or black lids and the cost averages about 70 cents apiece. The 9 oz jars hold about 7 oz and the 12 oz jars hold 10 oz and are very easy to wick. They can look either rustic or upscale and there are different kinds of lids available for these jars. I find the lug type lids work best for customers, in that they fuss about pulling fitments out and screw ons take too much time. I think these jars use to come from Mexico but now they are mostly Chinese glass. HTH

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Hello- I was wondering, does adding soy to paraffin help to "tame the flame"? In other words, have you found that it thins out the wax or does it add more viscosity? I am using 4786 wax with peaks prestige jars. I am testing Zinc wicks, Peaks C Series wicks, lx wicks and CD wicks. I also had my eye on the Salsa jars. Maybe the prestige jars is the reason for the wicking headache.

My wax is 70% soy and 30% paraffin with some coconut oil and other ingredients that have been formulated by the company. It takes a wick that will hold up to the soy and prevent clogging. The wax is creamy white in appearnace and easy to cut. I just don't care for straight soy or straight paraffin for different reasons. I find parasoy is the best of both worlds in terms of cold throw and hot throw, as well as the cosmetic appearance of the candle. You can get a wild crazy flame out of any combination of wax. You're welcome Sidlesup and ask a chemist about the viscosity. HTH

Steve