Wicking apothecary jars

I use C3 and cotton wicks and found these jars at General Wax outlet store. They are cheaper and hold more wax than the status jars and monticiano jars I currently use so I was considering a change. I'm concerned about the shape coming in at the top. Diam is very close and I'm willing to do the testing but would like to know if anyone uses these and if you have wick drowning issues as the candle burns down?? TIA!!

http://www.candlemakingsupplies.net/glass-container-jars--lids---gift-boxes/glass-containers---jars/cate_104/p___P0956539.html

I use a 16 oz jar similar to that from candlescience. That is a great price. Where are they out of? Since it is a jar made for candles IMO it should be fine. I double wick bc of the 4" diameter and have my tabs almost touching. The neck of mine therefore do not get overly hot. Plus with the double wick I wick down a little.

• 2 weeks later...

That is a great price for jar and lid but I'm afraid you should look at double wicking. I tried using a really large wick and all you get is a torch effect and a hot jar. The diameter is 4" and the pic doesn't look like there's much of a neck curve, so maybe its not so close as you think. Great looking jar with a great price; worth testing one or two to see if you can make it work. HTH

Steve

Thanks for the info. I don't like to double wick candles so decided to stick with status jar that I can single wick. As much as I hate to do it, I'll just raise the price of my candles a bit to offset the increase in price of jars/shipping.