Wholesaling votives

tam1116

Does anyone wholesale votives. If so do you mind sharing what you charge for them. Also do you supply boxes for them to be displayed. Do you shrink wrap them or leave them uncovered. Do you require they purchase a certain amount?

Thanks for any input, I may be putting mine in a shop.

Hi Tam, I do not currently wholesale votives.

When I did, I required they purchase at least a dozen of each scent ordered and at least 12 dozen minimum.

I packed them , two votives to a clear bag with a gold bow and a hang tag around them.

I charged 3 dollars per two pack at the time. That was about 5 years ago.

I just did this for Christmas for a shop in my town.... It totally was not worth it to me- I dislike making votives so much!

But what I did was 4 pack votives in the same scent using the Kraft boxes- she wanted 8- 4 packs to sell just like that - so on the votives I put nothing but the warning label and then used a oval label on the box with the scent name and tied raffia

She then wanted 4- 8 packs that she could sell individually so I had to label each votive individually along with the warning label and box them up with a "generic" label that just said Soy Votives so they could mix and

match

I retail 4 packs at 8.00 so I charged her 4.00 for wholesale- IMO the amount

Of time I put into those suckers for me it wasn't worth doing but I don't think wholesale many people would pay more- but she marked her individuals at 3.50 and sold every one of them!

Hope that helps and good luck!!

Edited by moonshine

Guest OldGlory

I wholesaled votives years ago, but I can't make enough profit to make it good for my business. I also quit making the tiny tea lights for the same reason.

I actually enjoy making votive's and they were actually pretty profitable for me when I made them. At the time I would wholesale them only in qty's of 12 per scent and they would have to purchase at least 5 dozen at a time. I would have to go back into my records to see exactly what I wholesaled them at, but I believe it was $18 per dozen (I would sell each individual votive for $3.50 each, I think)

For me, it was profitable and fun.

However, with that being said, I'm not sure if I'm going to go that route again now that I'm selling again.