Opinions on these fragrance oils from Peak?

_kelli

Hello! I just filled out an order for a FO sample pack from peak. These just sounded good to me, but I would really like to hear your opinion on them before I actually place my order. I'm ordering them to make candles, specifically, but if you used them in soap, I would love to hear how that worked for you as well! Or even if you've tried something similar to these that you liked better, let me know! :)

Vanilla Mint

Apple Blossom

Aruba Coconut

Pumpkin Honey Chai

Birds of Paradise

Black Canyon

Blackberry Sage

Georgia Peach

Pink Sugar

Cranberry Citrus

Hello! I just filled out an order for a FO sample pack from peak. These just sounded good to me, but I would really like to hear your opinion on them before I actually place my order. I'm ordering them to make candles, specifically, but if you used them in soap, I would love to hear how that worked for you as well! Or even if you've tried something similar to these that you liked better, let me know! :)

Vanilla Mint

Apple Blossom

Aruba Coconut

Pumpkin Honey Chai

Birds of Paradise

Black Canyon

Blackberry Sage

Georgia Peach

Pink Sugar

Cranberry Citrus

I don't know what your applications are for these but here is my opinion on the ones I've used from them -

Vanilla Mint - smells like NG's Jack Frost - strong in both paraffin candles and soap

Apple Blossom - nice scent in soap, not too apple-y, but not a real strong floral scent either.

Aruba Coconut - n/a

Pumpkin Honey Chai n/a

Birds of Paradise - Seemed very "peachy" to me, but others don't detect that so strong.

Black Canyon - Very strong in both paraffin candles and soap - with soap I suggest using a vanilla stabilizer to cut down on the weird green funky color it becomes.

Blackberry Sage - Very nice scent, sticks in soap and nice in candles

Georgia Peach - I don't like peach and this is a very strong peach scent so I'm assuming it smells like it supposed to. since I'm not a peach scent connoisseur they all smell the same to me.

Pink Sugar - IMO much better in soap than candles, but needs a stabilizer or it WILL turn brown.

Cranberry Citrus - this scent is just so-so in soap, but man oh man does it come alive in candles!! One of my favorite scents when put in wax....

I hope this helps a bit.

Good luck.

Peaks is a GREAT company...

I've only used the following 2 on your list (and only in CP soap):

Apple Blossom- I love this scent. I don't know if it smells like a real apple blossom (never smelled one), but it's quite lovely. When I smell my soap, I can detect both apple and floral notes at the same time, as well as a slight, delightful, soapy undertone. It's good and strong, too.

Blackberry Sage- I love this scent, too. It smells just like how one would imagine it to smell based on its name. So far, its holding up wonderfully in my soap- good and strong.

I have their Cranberry Citrus, but I haven't used it yet. It smells awesome oob, though.

I have their Cranberry Citrus, but I haven't used it yet. It smells awesome oob, though.

I was in a secret swap a couple years ago, we couldn't give away what scent we were using, but we had to do both candles and soap. I did both in Cranberry Citrus.

People could not believe that both candles and soaps were made of the same scent. Unanimously everyone thought the scent smelled better in the candles (and I agreed).

Even though the scent didn't morph in the soaps, it just didn't smell as good. So I will only use this scent in candles now.

• 2 months later...