IGI 4630 Question

Hello-- My question is, if using 6% FO and you notice smoking even though the flame is not in a draft and the flame is not high, is there something to add to the wax, such as maybe a small amount of stearic or beeswax, should I just avoid using that FO altogether or try a different type of wick? Also, would beeswax effect the throw?

Thanks

I was never able to get this wax to NOT smoke on me no matter what scent load I used or which wick I tried. I never put additives in it, but the beeswax will effect the throw, I just don't know how much, and depending on how much you add, it will also affect they way it burns, and burn times.

That's about the extent of my knowledge of this wax. I didn't use it long - enough to test it and that's about it, because I did not like my results with this wax at all.

I'm positive someone else will be able to come along and help more.

I am currently using the lx 14. I like the way the wick don't really mushroom. The jar is a 12 oz mason. The scent is Mac Apple from CS. The throw is really nice. I was disturbed by the whisps of smoke after being lit just a little while.

Edited by Grani L

IGI 4630 is a great wax, it is a true single pour wax, works with most FOs and has great CT and HT. It is, however, prone to smoking. One solution that people do is to use 4630 as a base wax for mixing in a soy wax. This helps a lot with the smoking as well as choosing the right wick and not overloading the wax with additional oil (FO). There is also a chance that a different wick will help, one that I don't know about, just depends on how much searching you want to do. I use 4630 a lot.

LX wicks tend to make tall flames so I am not sure that these are the best choice for ths wax.

Edited by rjdaines