Another stupid wax question sorry lol.

Does Paraffin have a long cure time like soy Does? my parasoy blend(that I no longer use) took almost two months to cure I do wax melts. I keep hearing people say they poured a day or two before testing. everyone I know who dos a soy or parasoy says the need to wait at least 2 weeks but the longer the better. So I am confused. Is paraffin different? The candle I get in the stores get weaker not strong when I let them sit. Is that because they are paraffin?

Before burning to ensure stability soy needs to cure a minimum of 48 hours and paraffin an minimum of 24. That however is JUST the wax part so you can test for wick size, burn etc. Scent is a different ballgame. Different scents can take anywhere from the min of the wax up to several weeks to fully cure. If it takes longer than two weeks, I don't think I'd ever use those scents. But most take around 4-12 days I've found regardless of the wax type I am using. If they are good, they can only get better. :)

Just keep in mind that no one can explain what "curing" is and not all of us believe that is makes much difference. That said one should wait a period of time for the wax (paraffin or soy) to completely cool and harden. The exact time for this depends on the size of the candle. People typically wait 24 to 48 hours for paraffin and up to a week with soy. For testing purposes, soy candles can be tested sooner that 7 days. As mentioned above, if you have to wait weeks for an FO to "cure", is it really worth it unless it's for personal use.

And I don't agree..

Working for Bitter Creek this many years I have tested literally thousands of fo's. In the beginning...pre-soy we would usually test the next day or a few days at most later. Many times we got nothing from those candles. A few years later, we tested a few of those candles again, for giggles and were FLOORED! Many of those same scents we wrote off as duds, were downright amazing. The difference, they had sat and cured. That was all. Think of spaghetti sauce. It's good the day you make it, it's amazing with a little more time. Candles are much the same way. Different scents just take longer to fully develop. If you axe scents at two days you may be missing out on some amazing scents!

BCN has one scent that ever knocked me out and it needed only 12 hours, which was Basil, Sage & Mint. Can't say I tried every scent, but that one I always gave a lot of kudos to.

Of course I'd say that about Tiger Eyes, needed only 24 hours, but then BCN quit carrying it. What a real shame.

Thank you all very much. This is what I think I am understanding. Soy has a "cure " time of sorts for at least a week but paraffin my only need 48 hours. If I don't Hey much scent I will let it sit a few weeks and try again. So the candles at the store that lose scent after time is because of bad fragrance oil not what type of wax? Is that right?

Thank you all very much. This is what I think I am understanding. Soy has a "cure " time of sorts for at least a week but paraffin my only need 48 hours. If I don't Hey much scent I will let it sit a few weeks and try again. So the candles at the store that lose scent after time is because of bad fragrance oil not what type of wax? Is that right?

It could be many reasons, but buy one and cut it open. Paraffin you'll see is mostly granulated in cheap stores and not scented thoroughly.