Cabella's store scent?

marcuset

I wandered into this new store after an appointment today...the scent is like a sandalwood/fireplace type that has me :drool:

I asked the clerks what it was...think they would tell me? Nah. They said they had no clue. Anyone ventured into one & have a guess at what that scent is? I'll have to make another trek back some day & sniff some more.

crappy motel chains and themeparks do it too!

Actually the smell of Holiday Inn is not dissimilar to Little Tree's Black Ice scent.

I do however loath the "perfume fart" wafting around a 20ft radius of any A&F or Hollister store. Gag. This isn't really new, but it is catching on more and more especially with department stores.

I think Cabelas scent is based on castoreum a suade-like leathery vanilla, though I might be thinking of Bass Pro Shops which also utilize piped scent.

Edited by rctfavr3

Guest OldGlory

Oh, I work in a store where we are expected to 'scent the store' every 2 hours. That entails taking one of our colognes and dousing the store with it. It's awful. People complain. I actually wrote the company and asked if the fragrances they use are phthalate (sp?) free. Their answer was dodgey so I have to assume they are not. It would have been so much easier to say YES they are rather than the lenghty and vague response I got.

One of the stores that overscents to the point of nausea is Kirklands Home. Yuck. It is so overpowering. I can smell it in their parking lot and I can only stand to spend a few minutes in their store. If they wanted customers to stick around a little longer, they should scale back so that we can breathe. And that is saying a lot coming from me because I like tarts that burn the nose hairs, but Kirklands signature scent is awful.

One of the stores that overscents to the point of nausea is Kirklands Home. Yuck. It is so overpowering. I can smell it in their parking lot and I can only stand to spend a few minutes in their store. If they wanted customers to stick around a little longer, they should scale back so that we can breathe. And that is saying a lot coming from me because I like tarts that burn the nose hairs, but Kirklands signature scent is awful.

Haha! I was going to mention Kirklands too, but I wasn't sure if it was a chain or just something in our area. But yeah, I have to agree...Good God it's awful! LOL.

I refuse to shop there anymore. Last time I walked in the store, within minutes I became dizzy and nauseated. Smell is horrid. A full strength blast of spicy floral!

Edited by rctfavr3

Guest OldGlory

Years ago I sold room sprays made with cyclomethicone. One of my customers came back and bought every bottle I had of one scent - he told me he was using it to spray the air filter in his house, and that was spreading the scent throughout the house. Pretty easy to do!

I can only stay in Kirkland's for a few minutes before I start to get a headache. The smell is overpowering.

Haha! I was going to mention Kirklands too, but I wasn't sure if it was a chain or just something in our area. But yeah, I have to agree...Good God it's awful! LOL.

I refuse to shop there anymore. Last time I walked in the store, within minutes I became dizzy and nauseated. Smell is horrid. A full strength blast of spicy floral!