Best ALL-NATURAL wicks for Beeswax votives?

Hello all, a newbie to both candlemaking and the forum here! :cool2:

We are having quite the time with our yellow Beeswax votives. We've tried ECO-2, ECO-4, and Hemp 838, but all of them tunnel, and two of them extinguish themselves. I've seen all three "recommended," but they just aren't working for us.

We've let our test candles burn for a couple of hours, with no change.

Do y'all have any recommendations for us? Perhaps there is something wrong with the wax? I presume we need a hotter/thicker wick if the wax is OK. A larger ECO or Hemp wick, or perhaps something different altogether.

Thank you much!

Edited by beaconterraone

Good suggestion on the quality of the wax. That makes a world of difference. You may need to blend your yellow wax with a super refined beeswax to get it to an easily burned viscosity for votives.

I prefer square braids in beeswax, but chose to not make beeswax votives because they just burn too hot with my wax.

• 2 weeks later...

Beeswax candles are lovely when they are wicked properly, however getting them wicked is a real pain in the butt at times. The darker the beeswax the larger the wicking will be and naturally the beeswax itself changes from season to season. I do, however, LOVE burning a beeswax pillar! :cool2: