Dumb Question Banners

clueless

Hello everyone. I have a Jamboree event Saturday. I just got my banner in yesterday. This is my first time ever running a booth so I truly haven't a clue what I'm doing. How do I hang my banner?? Is there a way to attach it to my table or do I hang it at the back of my booth? its 5ft long and 2ft tall. Another question, I still need to purchase my linen for my table coverings. I want black and hot pink overlays. I figured I would just go buy my fabric at Joanns. I will be using 6ft long tables. The folding kind you can buy at walmart with the handles. How much fabric do I need?

I know there's a section on craft fair tips, it's a great thread!! I read every post. But I wish we could have a section dedicated to craft fairs/vendor booths! :)

Don't know about yours, but my banner has holes that have metal reinforcements on top, that I can either run a string through and tie up to my canopy, or sometimes I use large safety pins and pin it to my tablecloth. I have found out the hard way that tape doesn't work..at least not for long. I cant help as far as how much fabric you'll need, I'm mathematically challenged. Good luck on your event

Luckily my banner does have the metal grommets. I would never have thought to use safety pins to hang it on the front. Will that not put too much weight on the cloth? I mean, I know there will be product on the tables but it won't pull too bad?

Luckily my banner does have the metal grommets. I would never have thought to use safety pins to hang it on the front. Will that not put too much weight on the cloth? I mean, I know there will be product on the tables but it won't pull too bad?

Depends on the thickness of your fabric and how much weight on top etc. Make sure there are pins in each grommet to distribute the weight. I haven't ever had a problem. Maybe if ALL my product sold and i ended up with an empty table, but that hasn't happened so far, lol

Here is a link to amazon for a trade show table skirt. Depending on your table size it may give you an idea of how much fabric you will need. I have no idea if it's appropriate for your use but it popped up with a quick search on Google.

http://www.amazon.com/TEKTRUM-FITTED-TABLE-SKIRT-COVER/dp/B0050WV16K

Maybe you can use a bed sheet to test size and fitment. Pin it together like a tailor and measure it out?

Grab a spare bedroom, living room or garage and get everything set up and ready to go before your show. Snap a picture when you have it set the way you like.

I have 5ft folding tables that I use and I bought polyester tablecloths on Amazon. The banner i use is also fabric and I bought it at Crestline. They custom make the banners with your logo and your business info. My first banner I got from Vista Print, but I got tired of taping the banner to the table since I don't use a tent I couldn't hang it but on the front of the table. The fabric banner I got works so much better, and it's washable.

post-12619-139458513431_thumb.jpg

Edited by PAgirl89

How much fabric to buy depends on how much of an overhang you want on each side of the table and the dimensions of your table.

Some things to consider: Are you going to position yourself on the backside of your table? Do you want open access to the backside of your table for inventory storage? Would the open backside appear cluttered to shoppers and you want it covered as well? Are you okay with a seam running lengthwise down the middle of your table? Are you a skilled enough seamstress to tailor a cover so you won't have the seam in the middle? These are all things you will have to determine prior to calculating how much fabric to purchase.

I'd be happy to help you calculate it if you could give some more details.

lol wouldn't that be nice to have an empty table. I'm sure I won't have to worry about that either. Especially since this is my first show and I haven't a clue what I'm doing lol.

Can anyone tell me how fabric I need?

Measure the table and buy accordingly. Make sure you measure from the floor on each side. Otherwise, your cover will look like crap.

Okay, well all this has been insanely rushed!! I just went out and bought 7yards of crushed black velvet. I haven't even tried it out yet. I feel like II have just ran out of time. I'm so nervous it's not even funny.

I just noticed that Pink Zebra and Scentsy will be there too EEk!!! I can't compete with that lol.

I will be sure and take photos of everything tomorrow after I get it all set up. I will try the velvet out in a bit and see how it looks. Fingers crosses. And wish me luck. I sure do need it!