Help with my warmer issue

kforbs126

So I bought this cute little snowman warmer from a coworker who was selling stuff for his daughter. I didn't even notice this until I went to take out the wax but it has a lip on the bottom that holds the wax in unless I dig it out. See pics attached. Any solutions? I really wanna use it, it's so cute :sad2:

post-6389-139458513413_thumb.jpg

post-6389-139458513409_thumb.jpg

Before I even realized I could just pop my wax melts out I had always poured it out while hot into the trash then wiped out the inside with a paper towel. As long as you get it all wiped out, no mess. A trick I learned doing this though is to bring the trash to the warmer and not the warmer to the trash. I've spilled wax on the floor trying to carry it, or dropped it because it was hotter than I thought.

I am surprised that your palm wax leaves any residue! All of my dishes have rims, ledges and such. I either pour out warm or I use a Pampered Chef nylon scraper to pop an edge and I just wipe the rest out with a paper towel.

It doesn't that was my husband cleaning it out with a multi tool and he didn't wipe it down, I didn't actually clean it out before the pic.

Edited by kforbs126

Got it!

Yeah, I have a few of the little nylon scrapers (a friend uses an expired gift card) and I can get in under a ledge and it pops out the cooled melt. Then I paper towel it out. I end up using paper towels either way. Soy I HAVE to pour out warm. I make the biggest mess trying to get out after it has cooled.