Wow shipping at Southwest Candle

Sndfrddy

I think their shipping is way too high. I live about an hour's drive from SWC and will shop/stop there only if in the area; will not order online. Cheaper for me to order from Peak, BCS and even AH/RE for same items! May be wrong, but I call it "padding on shipping". jmo.

I was going to get in on the sample sale at Soutwest Candle Supply but it would have cost me over $14 for eight 1/2 oz. samples. That means over $14 for 4 oz. Nope. A shame.

Seems like many of them charge based on their own shipping calc rather than using actual shipping costs. It's ok if they tell you that it's

an estimate and you will be charged actual charges, but some don't. This supplier is not the only one, I can't tell you how many times I dump

a cart when I see the shipping charges. I ship 2-5 times a week and use USPS, Fedex and UPS so I have a pretty good idea what it should cost.

I even emailed a while back when I was wanting to order a pound. I asked if that was the correct shipping because it seemed quite high. I got no response. I ship as well and I charge actual shipping cost and do everything I can to keep the shipping cost down. I just think it's good business to give your customers what you would want as a customer.

So true; thank you. :highfive:

I even emailed a while back when I was wanting to order a pound. I asked if that was the correct shipping because it seemed quite high. I got no response. I ship as well and I charge actual shipping cost and do everything I can to keep the shipping cost down. I just think it's good business to give your customers what you would want as a customer.