Honest Opinions

gar1

I would get new testers. I only have one tester who is a friend (in real life). She used to have a nice candle business in our area. I really prefer testers from here and users from other wax groups. My feedback is much more thorough, detailed and rich from these sources. I cannot thank those from here who have tested and I have been happy to test for others as well.

Agree with get new testers. I have a friend who has tested for me and she's been so great. I told her to be brutally honest. She's also gone out and purchased scents from other places to compare for me. Mine have been stronger and last much longer than all the ones she's tested against. :)

A few of my testers are family/friends and a few are not in hopes to balance out any bias . The ones who have tested the 4625 and the 4625/4627 say that both are much better than the KY 133. I'm just not sure I have the WOWing wax yet. I have switched (in store) to using 4625 until I can find the "perfect wax" :) I have had a few of my customers purchase the new wax so far and have given me good feedback (i dont ask for feedback although I encourage it) and then they drop out of any social media associated with my company..which leads me to believe that the positive feedback was "just being polite" in a couple weeks i'll be testing out a harder paraffin & see how it does.

The ones who have tested the 4625 and the 4625/4627 say that both are much better than the KY 133. I'm just not sure I have the WOWing wax yet. I have switched (in store) to using 4625 until I can find the "perfect wax" :) I have had a few of my customers purchase the new wax so far and have given me good feedback (i dont ask for feedback although I encourage it) and then they drop out of any social media associated with my company..which leads me to believe that the positive feedback was "just being polite" in a couple weeks i'll be testing out a harder paraffin & see how it does.

Well, I feel pretty good about your testers based on this post. I also started out with KY133 and my testers overwhelmingly chose 4625/4627 and 4625/4630 over that wax. I know it is easy with which to work but it just did not give me the longevity that I was after.

I have tested over a dozen waxes, in innumerable combinations and thus far 4625/4627 is the winner with 4625/4630 just slightly behind. Recognizing that FO's, systems/ methods and such come into play, I know that is not universal but rather just my results.

I like to have testers that are informed enough to comment on CT, HT, longevity, know their warmers and have different types and I cannot really get that from most friends and family. While it is flattering to hear, "I really liked them all", that was not helpful as I tried to make the best product that I could.

Yeah the "I really like them all" isn't helpful. I have a few scents that I don't really like but my customers do. Even if my tester doesn't like the scent, she will still tell me it's a keeper because it scented her home and/or classroom (she's a teacher) for the amount of time I wanted it to.

One of my testers is a kindergarten teacher! I was not aware that they could have warmers in their classrooms. Good idea, of course, but I did not know. I met her at my event last year and she purchased more, and tested for me, over the winter. All of my testing has been one wax blend against another rather than scents just because settling on a wax blend has been my focus. She gave me feedback that another teacher, down the hall, came and asked what brand of melts she was using because she loved that she could smell that scent down the hall! I knew then that I was using a blend that would work.

Well, I feel pretty good about your testers based on this post. I also started out with KY133 and my testers overwhelmingly chose 4625/4627 and 4625/4630 over that wax. I know it is easy with which to work but it just did not give me the longevity that I was after.

I have tested over a dozen waxes, in innumerable combinations and thus far 4625/4627 is the winner with 4625/4630 just slightly behind. Recognizing that FO's, systems/ methods and such come into play, I know that is not universal but rather just my results.

I like to have testers that are informed enough to comment on CT, HT, longevity, know their warmers and have different types and I cannot really get that from most friends and family. While it is flattering to hear, "I really liked them all", that was not helpful as I tried to make the best product that I could.

Karen, is the 4630 paraffin..Im not sure I have stumbled across that one yet..

My testers almost unanimously said that both out performed the KY 133 in that the HT was stronger and longer and basically the CT was more preferable as well. One even told me that while they were testing their neighbor had came by and mentioned they could smell it outside of their home. I allow my testers to choose the scent they test and encourage them to choose a scent that they enjoy and are very familiar with so that they know what to expect & can give me a good idea of how it is performing. I thought with the 4625 I would see more positive or more feedback in general from my customers but so far im still at a standstill in that department. In a couple of weeks i'll be purchasing some 1260 & 600 6 and do some mixing & testing again.

One of my testers is a kindergarten teacher! I was not aware that they could have warmers in their classrooms. Good idea, of course, but I did not know. I met her at my event last year and she purchased more, and tested for me, over the winter. All of my testing has been one wax blend against another rather than scents just because settling on a wax blend has been my focus. She gave me feedback that another teacher, down the hall, came and asked what brand of melts she was using because she loved that she could smell that scent down the hall! I knew then that I was using a blend that would work.

Some schools may have rules against them so she'll have to check. A funny story from my friend that is similar to what you said: She had either Iced Cinnamon Roll or Grandma's gingerbread house (aka Hansel and Gretal's House) going in her classroom. She works at a small private school. Anyway, so she had a WHOLE class show up at her door because the teacher thought someone was baking and wanted to find out where it was coming from. lol. They had wondered the halls of the school trying to find it.

I settled on my wax mix pretty quickly. I did months of research before I made any purchases so when I did, it was ones I loved. I just had to test different ratios with them. :)

Back in the day I had high school teachers who burned candles in class..it always made me really hungry because one of the classes was right before lunch lol I also done quite of research before I started a year ago..but looking through this board there are so many waxes and mixes that everyone swears by..but i'll eventually find one that I love and one that thoroughly pleases at least a majority of my customers!

I picked some youtube haul'ers (is that what they are called?) and sent them some samples to test. I have had people I know test them in the past but I don't know if they are being honest or just trying to tell me what I want to hear.

So I pick people I have never meet or are friends with. :)