Goats Milk Soap Question

glowworm

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how long a bar of goats milk soap is good for if you add the goats milk after it has sapponified? I am relatively new to soap making and after making several batches of bright orange soap I am slightly discouraged to say the least.

After some more digging I found a technique where the goats milk is added at 90 degrees pretty close to when its ready to mold. I like the thought of this because I would assume the wonderful properties of the goats milk would not be denatured from the lye and soaping process but I am afraid it would go bad fast because it hasn't really been cooked in the soap. Any suggestions or ideas? :D

I assume you HP your soap since you are asking about adding the milk after its saponified.

I CP my soap and have added goat milk as the lye solution and also at trace or to my soap oils. The orange color goes away after the milk/lye solution is added to my soap oils and emulsified. But it can take full saponification before the annoying ammonia smell goes away.

I have added goat milk directly to melted M&P base thou with no problems. It becomes a part of the soap and I have not had any problems with my M&P soap getting moldy, rotting, discoloring, or spoiled.

Thank you Candybee. :) Sorry I forgot to mention that I am using the HP method. Do you think soap made with GM (or any milk I guess) would go bad faster than soap made from just oils and/or butters? I tried finding out what the "norm" was for handmade soap as far as expiration goes but I didn't have much luck. I did find one article/blog that said 1-6 months...does that sound about right? If it is right it seems like they would be going bad soon after they were done curing.???

I have bars of both non milk and milk soaps that are a few years old, They are fine, incredible lather, Very mild and there is No off smell and the scent is still strong in them. With proper storage they should be fine in my opinion. I do CP...

Same here. Have not noticed any rancid aftermaths.