My new custom mold for ED liner

Candybee

• 1 year later...

I cut the soap yesterday from my mold for the first time. I used 1" and ended up with ten 1" bars and one that was more of a 1/2" bar. This mold is supposed to give me eleven 1" bars with 1/4" to spare so I can just shave the ends off.

The 10 1" bars are all exactly 4.25oz. Don't know what their wt will be 6 weeks from now but assume slightly less than 4 oz. I may adjust and add 1-2oz to the recipe to compensate. Already I have reset my soap cutter to 9/10's of an inch or just under one inch. Will have to keep playing with it til I get the measurements and soap weight just right for eleven bars. Sigh. Eleven soaps just aren't enough. I really need more of these molds.

I know this is an OLD (really old) thread, but wanted to say that that is so weird that you only get the 10 - 1" bars with this mold. I get the described 11 bars with about a 1/4" sliver on the end. 

Also, my bars have pretty high tops and right out of the mold they weigh about 6.75oz and by the time they cure out they are right at around 5.5oz or 5.75oz or so. 

I absolutely adore my ED silicones. I have 2 and when I can afford it (I know they are relatively inexpensive) I will buy 2-3 more for bigger production of my best seller soaps. 

I have since adjusted my soap cutter and get 11 bars. But they seemed a bit on the thin side so I am back to about 10 bars and one 1/2" sample bar left over.

I have the same problem with all my SMR molds. I discovered its the length of the cutting slit in the mold and also cutter. Its slightly more than 1" so you end up getting fewer bars. I don't know what they use to measure the 1" but its off enough that you end up with fewer bars. I don't care, I can cut them smaller but like the fuller size better.

• Like 1