Frustrated with new website

Good afternoon all,

So I decided to switch website hosting about 4 months ago, spent alot of money getting the new site up and running, since I changed to the new site I have not had any orders or traffic what so ever on there.. I promote it as much as I can on my facebook page, but here it is 4 months later and no orders :(. I am thinking of going back to the host I had before for a few reasons; 1. it is cheaper, 2. I got more traffic on the other one.

I do really well when I sell at farmers markets and shows around here. I started the website a few years ago because I had so many customers ask for one, any one have any suggestions?

TIA

Angie

here is my link to my website: www.wicknscents.net

Guest OldGlory

I would definitely go back to the one where you had more traffic.

I worked markets, festivals, craft shows, several wholesale accounts, etc, and hundreds of people asked for a website. So I made a website and had no customers, lol. It was a learning experience for me.

Can I ask what made you change? When you changed the site design did you change your SEO setting or code? Or did the new design slow down your page loading time? Have you noticed any difference in page loading time between the old host and the new one? According to Google page speed is a factor in its search ranking algorithms. So the faster your website loads, the better it ranks on Google. So in your design make sure your graphics are compressed. Some web hosting providers offer a function called "optimize website." Dis the old host submit your site to search engines and the new one not? Just some questions I thought of that you can ask yourself in trying to figure it out. Would be a shame to have to spend more money to move it back when there might be a no cost solution. HTH.

• 3 weeks later...

right click on home page click:view source

your meta tags have no content I'm no expert so I hope this will help and things for sale on web site may need some wording about what they are.

Meta tags aren't a magical solution, but they will help ensure your website appears on search engine results pages

Exampleonly: Content-Type( wicks and scent), Description ( wicks and scent is made using full natural ingredients) ,

keywords( tarts, wax, Soybean Oil, Beeswax, Sunflower Oil, Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, specialty candles Candles , Baby Shower,Bridal Shower Favors, and Gift Baskets ,warmers, tea lights, lotions, soaps,lip balm, bubble bath, shower gel, natural soap, essential oils, natural ingredients)

title = company name wicks and scents

http://www.wicknscents.net/AboutUs.asp

has no name of company all what need to be there to be found by web crawlers, search engines

Your site

<htmlxmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head>

<metahttp-equiv="Content-Type"content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/>

<metaname="Description"content=""/>

<metaname="Keywords"content=""/>

<title></title>

<metaname="robots"content="index,follow"/>

<metaname="GOOGLEBOT"content="INDEX, FOLLOW"/>

Angie, I found your site and like it, but as a customer I like to see "scent descriptions." I found the scents on the home page, but no descriptions of what they smell like. When I order from other places, I get a few I know will be good like cinnamon buns and anything pumpkin, but other scents I want to know what it smells like because if it has certain scents I don't care for, I don't want to waste my money ordering it. Just a thought unless I missed it somehow. I like the shape of your individual cubes!

Jackie

After much thought, i will be going back to my old web host next month which was weebly. I like the bells and whistles of volusion however not happy with all the charges they keep coming up with and lately the customer service has been a pain i have to ask the same question at least times before they realize what I am trying to ask. I would add the descriptions then the next day they would be gone! Thanks Jackie I use brownie bite molds for the individual melts. i started doing that so at markets and craft shows customers could pick and choose scents:) if i get a chance while I am set up at the market this weekend I will take a picture of my setup :) Thanks everyone for helping me with the website dilemma!