Wicking for gb 415

I am venturing into testing GB 415 wax. Some reviews on here say they have good luck with CD wicks. Well, I am having a hard time trying to find these wicks, or the shipping for them to me is outrageous.

Does Peak have a suitable wick for this wax? They have cotton core, HTP, LX, RRD, or Zinc options?

Not sure what size jar I will be testing yet, but lets start with the 8oz jelly jar..

Maybe a 4 1/2 by 4 jar..

15612.jpg

Edited by chrisasst

I also live in ny and get my wicks from Candlewic as well wax and some jars. After reviewing the supplier by state listing/internet I could not find a closer supplier--if anyone uses a supplier closer to the li area please share. I am happy with Candlewic products and customer service--although I wouldn't mind saving a bit on the shipping charges :wink2:

Candlewic is a great supplier and I have been happy with everything I have purchased there. In the beginning the website really threw me off, so I didn't order for awhile. Their wick page makes me nuts to try to read.

I would bite the bullet and order two CD wick samplers from Lonestar. Not a lot of suppliers sell the sample packs that have a few of each wick size so you have each one on hand to try. I LOVE having a variety on hand. For 20 bucks plus shipping you can have 10 of each to play with. Once you know the size you need, then you can turn to Candlewic and buy the larger quantity of wicks. AND, once you have an exact size and length of wick you need you can order their custom wicks, which are a great thing with only a 500 wick minimum. Some big time suppliers have 5 and 10 thousand minimum orders.

In your place I would start wicking the jelly jar to learn the wick and wax and how they work. It's tough to wick a larger than 3 inch diameter jar and double wicking is usually the answer, so start with the smaller jar and get that to go before you attempt the larger and more complicated jar.

Good Luck! :grin2: