soy based FO

Not all FOs work in all waxes and fewer work in soy. Read comments on an FO and see if people claim it works in soy, then notice if they are using the same soy as you. In the end, you have to find out for yourself; this is why there are 1 oz samples. Only testing let's you know for sure.

I think the op is referring to this:

This is our own line of Soy based fragrance oils that are made with the highest quality fragrance compounds in a soy oil base. Most fragrance oils that are used for candle making even for soap making have solvents, mineral oil or dipropylene glycol in them. When common fragrance oils are mixed with natural waxes they can cause all kinds of problems. Our Soy based fragrance oils mix very well in natural waxes. You can also use these oils in paraffin waxes too. Some of our Soy based fragrance oils may contain a little bit of a solvent in them. There are fragrance compounds that will crystallize with out them. Our goal is to offer fragrance oils with little or no additives. We use these same fragrances in our line of candles. Also we work very closely with our perfumers to obtain the best fragrances. I've never used a soy based fo but it makes sense from a marketing point of view. HTH

Steve

I think the op is referring to this:

This is our own line of Soy based fragrance oils that are made with the highest quality fragrance compounds in a soy oil base. Most fragrance oils that are used for candle making even for soap making have solvents, mineral oil or dipropylene glycol in them. When common fragrance oils are mixed with natural waxes they can cause all kinds of problems. Our Soy based fragrance oils mix very well in natural waxes. You can also use these oils in paraffin waxes too. Some of our Soy based fragrance oils may contain a little bit of a solvent in them. There are fragrance compounds that will crystallize with out them. Our goal is to offer fragrance oils with little or no additives. We use these same fragrances in our line of candles. Also we work very closely with our perfumers to obtain the best fragrances. I've never used a soy based fo but it makes sense from a marketing point of view. HTH

Steve

Who is the FO seller you are referring to? Did I miss this info?

I don't know if their FOs are any better than any other candly supply selling candle FOs. Most chandlers know enough to stay away from FOs that are not made specifically for candles so parts of their spiel is a little bit misleading. But their prices are right and if they were closer to the East coast I would give them a try.

Chuck_35550 is correct in his response to diamondcandles question. These are fragrance oil that have a soy oil base. I know that Moon Glow Candle Supplies sells soy-based fragrance oils and I have tried a few of their scents which were great using EcoSoya 135 and GB 464. You do want to ensure the fragrance oils you're purchasing are specifically designed for candles and not bath & body.

HTH!