Vick's scent?

doglvr

Does anyone have a good sinus relief scent like Vick's? I used to get mine at ME and I've tried Nature Garden's, but I can't get it strong. RE has Avalanche, but it's been out of stock forever.

Maybe there's a way to blend it?

Thanks so much for any help!

JB

Guest OldGlory

I think Vicks contains camphor and eucalyptus, both essential oils. (Not totally sure but that is what sticks in my brain) You can buy them at a variety of essential oil suppliers if you think you'd like to try making your own blend.

I can't believe I've never run across this supplier. Wow, their oils are pricey! Have you tried any others there? I've never worked with an EO with FO in it. Do you still use the one ounce per pound rule? Thanks for the tip!

JB

I can't believe I've never run across this supplier. Wow, their oils are pricey! Have you tried any others there? I've never worked with an EO with FO in it. Do you still use the one ounce per pound rule? Thanks for the tip!

JB

Just remember when making your own (as well as purchasing pre-made) that the mints, menthol crystals and (I believe) camphor in total will cause serious skin irritation. Use .50 of an ounce per pound of oils is the maximum when making cp soap. Adding too much will make everyone bathing scream like mad.

I got zero throw out of the candle source- their oils do not like my wax

Chris- menthol crystals...where do find those- I like the idea of trying to blend my own

I got mine at MMS years ago, they last forever cause you don't need much, just a couple crystals. I'd probably try Ebay first as you'll probably get them a lot cheaper. Just throw them in the hot wax and they melt just fine, stir and pour. Have fun!!