Best summer FO's?

Belinda

Well, I dont sell and my preferences are always geared toward the fall scents & bakery scents, so I dont make a lot of summery scents. Here are a few of my favorites:

Strawberry Passion - NG

Strawberry lemonade - blend of strawberry (NG) & lemon pound cake (PK)

cherry limeaide - blend of cherry & key lime

mango peach salsa - PK

Coco Mango - NG - and I always add a dash of pineapple

Ocean - PK

Autumn Pear - Lonestar

Lemon Pound Cake - PK

Cranberry Orange - blend of spiced cranberry (BCN) and Orange Chiffon Cake (PK)

You already know some of mine. I am with Dessa (and you!) and like more Bakery and Fall than Summer type scents.

• Paradise-Daystar

• Key Lime (this one is more Bakery)-RE

From Peak:

• Lemon Pound Cake
  • Key Lime (more like fresh lime slices)
  • Fruit Slices
  • Downey Fresh
  • Cranberry Citrus
  • Pomegranate

From NG:

• 7up Pound Cake
  • Lavender Apple
  • Mulberry

I blend a few of these together as well.

P.S.-Dessa-which Cherry did you choose for your Cherry Limeade? I tried 4 or 5 and they all smelled like cough drops my mom gave me as a kid so I gave up!

Hi Karen,

I use Sweet Juicy Cherry from The Candlesource. It is a really strong cherry and does not have the cough syrup fakeness. I blend it with Key Lime from PK's.

I forgot to add Pomegranate, but I have never tried Peaks. I use the one from CS and it is really nice.

Dessa,

Thank you both! I'm a fall/bakery person too. Even in the summer I always had banana nut bread or some kind of cake scent going but I've had requests for some summer scents.

Today I poured Coconut Butter and Pineapple Souflee from Aztec and they smell really good! just not something I would've picked if I were buying for myself.

Belinda

Well let me ask you this then since summer will be here and gone sooner than we think, what are your favorite fall/bakery scents? I just got some funnel cake in from Re and it smells so good OOB! I love Houston Candle Supply's banana nut bread. You can really smell the bread in there and not just banana. That's just a couple of my favorites though. Hazelnut is another one and cinnamon buns type scents.

Belinda

That is WAY easier!

RE

Homemade Apple Pie

Baked Apple

Toasted Marshmallow

Flannel Sheets

Warm Vanilla Nutmeg

Banana Walnut Cake

Spicy Apples and Peaches (although now I blend my own and I like it just a bit better)

Peak

Lemon Pound Cake

Birthday Cake

Banana Nut Bread

Pomegranate (I mix with Mulled Cider for Pomegranate Cider)

Candlewic

Sugared Vanilla Shortbread

Toffee Cinnamon Apples

NG

Mrs. Claus Cookies

Apple Dumpling

Pumpkin Apple Butter

Pumpkin Eggnog

Mulberry (mix with Cinnamon for Mulberry Spice)

Community

Cranberry Spice

Mulled Cider

Candle Science

Cinnamon Stick

Apple Harvest

Cinnamon Buns

I blend a bunch of these and create new scents. As always, I rename nearly every scent-OOB or my own blend. It was FAR too easy to find the exact FO that some of my favorite makers used when I started making for myself because many called them exactly what the supplier called/named them.

Edited by justajesuschick

Hi Karen,

I use Sweet Juicy Cherry from The Candlesource. It is a really strong cherry and does not have the cough syrup fakeness. I blend it with Key Lime from PK's.

I forgot to add Pomegranate, but I have never tried Peaks. I use the one from CS and it is really nice.

Dessa,

The place with not a single description of their scents? Did I ever choose poorly as a result.

Edited by justajesuschick

The place with not a single description of their scents? Did I ever choose poorly as a result.

Oh, wait! I was thinking Candlemaker's Store!

Off to check my spreadsheet to see what I bought from TCS that I liked. May have to try their Cherry. Thanks!

Oh, wait! I was thinking Candlemaker's Store!

Off to check my spreadsheet to see what I bought from TCS that I liked. May have to try their Cherry. Thanks!

I've ordered several from the candlemakers store but haven't poured very many. I really don't like the fact they have no descriptions of the scents listed. I bought one called weathered crow and love it (smells like one of those "primitive" scents) but it seems light to me even though I bought gradeA. Could be the wax though. I haven't poured it since I started using 4625 with container wax. In fact I think I poured it in TCS wax and wasn't impressed with it.

Oh yes, the bakery/fall/holiday scents is much easier. I think Karen and I use quite a few of the same....

AH/RE

Homemade Apple Pie

Toasted Marshmallow (I add Campfire as well)

Warm Vanilla Nutmeg

Country Gift Shop

Mandarin Orange mixed with clove makes a great Orange Pomander

Vanilla Butter Fudge

Peak

Lemon Pound Cake

Banana Nut Bread

Candlewic

Pumpkin Ginger Streusel

Community

Mulled Cider

Dickens Christmas

BCN

Spiced Cranberry

Harvest

Candle Science

Cinnamon Stick

Apple Harvest

Mulberry

Hansel & Gretel

TCS (The Candlesource)

Zucchini Bread

Cinnamon Rolls

The Great Pumpkin

The only scent that I have from The Candlemaker store is their Hot Orange Danish. It is really good, but I dont want to take my chances on any others since they have no descriptions.

Those are just some of my favorites (yes I have many favorites). I also make several of my own blends with my favorites to come up with new scents.

Oh yes, the bakery/fall/holiday scents is much easier. I think Karen and I use quite a few of the same....

AH/RE

Homemade Apple Pie

Toasted Marshmallow (I add Campfire as well)

Warm Vanilla Nutmeg

Country Gift Shop

Mandarin Orange mixed with clove makes a great Orange Pomander

Vanilla Butter Fudge

Peak

Lemon Pound Cake

Banana Nut Bread

Candlewic

Pumpkin Ginger Streusel

Community

Mulled Cider

Dickens Christmas

BCN

Spiced Cranberry

Harvest

Candle Science

Cinnamon Stick

Apple Harvest

Mulberry

Hansel & Gretel

TCS (The Candlesource)

Zucchini Bread

Cinnamon Rolls

The Great Pumpkin

The only scent that I have from The Candlemaker store is their Hot Orange Danish. It is really good, but I dont want to take my chances on any others since they have no descriptions.

Those are just some of my favorites (yes I have many favorites). I also make several of my own blends with my favorites to come up with new scents.

I love toasted marshmallow but to me the one from RE doesn't smell a whole lot like a toasted marshmallow! I love the smell though. I bought TM from Wellington (first place i ordered from) and it smells so good but it's very weak. Where do you get campfire? That sounds interesting. That would probably make it smell more toasted!

Belinda

Lol- you guys crack me up....I am the opposite in that I can't stand bakery scents- sugar cookie royale and cinnamon buns is all I can say I really like- I am a woods/herbal pourer- cant get enough

Summer scents that I love:

Sun and sand - WSP (blow the doors off strong in soy)

Cherry lemonade- MC I think I have to check to be sure

Lilac- JS

Hyacinth- BCN

Diane's carnation- CS

Honeysuckle jasmine- CS

Grapefruit and mango- CS

Pineapple sage- CS

Peach nectar- CS

Blue skies- AH/RE

Sea witch- MW

Lavender sage- MW

Lemon pomegranate- 50 lemon CW / 50 pomegranate CW

Blend of 50 rain water CS and 50 day at the spa CS

Macintosh apple - CS

Beach linen- CS

Carribean teakwood- CS

I am loving gypsy rose- MW and I never thought myself a floral lover but I am starting to cross over! Lol

Dune grass- WSP

Lemon verbena- CS

I am sure there are more- I apparently use way to many oils - I didn't even touch on my favorite fall wood / herbal ones

Lol- you guys crack me up....I am the opposite in that I can't stand bakery scents- sugar cookie royale and cinnamon buns is all I can say I really like- I am a woods/herbal pourer- cant get enough

Summer scents that I love:

Sun and sand - WSP (blow the doors off strong in soy)

Cherry lemonade- MC I think I have to check to be sure

Lilac- JS

Hyacinth- BCN

Diane's carnation- CS

Honeysuckle jasmine- CS

Grapefruit and mango- CS

Pineapple sage- CS

Peach nectar- CS

Blue skies- AH/RE

Sea witch- MW

Lavender sage- MW

Lemon pomegranate- 50 lemon CW / 50 pomegranate CW

Blend of 50 rain water CS and 50 day at the spa CS

Macintosh apple - CS

Beach linen- CS

Carribean teakwood- CS

I am loving gypsy rose- MW and I never thought myself a floral lover but I am starting to cross over! Lol

Dune grass- WSP

Lemon verbena- CS

I am sure there are more- I apparently use way to many oils - I didn't even touch on my favorite fall wood / herbal ones

I would love to know your fav fall wood/herbal ones! I'm a total bakery kind of girl but trying to break out a lil bit! Not having much luck though! TIA!