Very bad in math. Pls help me

Let me start by saving I am on the verge of crying trying to figure this out.

I feel so stupid not being able to do this. :embarasse

I've looked at MANY post's and site's and still can't figure it out. If anyone can help a math illiterate that needs very basic instructions I would be so thankful.

I bought some Natural Lip balm base from (Company E.) and it says to use 1-3% of flavor oil. I don't want it to be too much or to little so I thought I would use 2%.

I am not good in math and I don't think I ever will. I just want to make a little batch about 10 maybe. I did take .15 x 10 (amt. in a tube) and got 1.5. But the 2% I think is .03?

Am I even close to trying to figure it out? I don't even know if I'm doing it right. I don't have a scale that goes that far so would I do drop tsp etc.?

Pls help girl w/headache.:embarasse

To me it is much easier to do this using the metric system.

I use a Pyrex cup to melt my lip balm base and ml pipettes to measure my flavor oil.

Let's say you have 100 ml of liquid base and you want to use 3% of flavor oil.

100 x 0.03 = 3 ml

When I started with wax melts and everything, I didn't think about all the math that would be involved. lol. I have learned a lot the last couple of years.

When I am calculating my batches for lip balm, I use .17 instead of .15 to calculate for spillage or if I end up using more in one than the other for some reason. You may even use .16 and that might work too.

Your math was correct by the way. :) 1.5 x 2% = .03 or 3 ml. I switch it to ml for the flavors because I use droppers. Because I also do mineral makeup, I have a scale that measures super tiny amounts.

Good luck with the lip balm! I love making it.

Thank u both for helping me figure this out. I am going to do it in ml's and im going to get a scale that goes teeny weeny. I'm also going to order some of the ml droppers too. I never thought of the pyrex. I guess my brain was so shot from frustration i just gave up. I'm going to try when I get scale n droppers. I think I may have it a little better.

Thank you for helping me feel more confident.:bow: