I need your help with wick sizes please

I finally decided on a container blend for my candles . 415 and 4627 70/30%. I've been trying wicks , Premier 767, Peak Cotton Core # 70 and #75 and CD 16. I think these are all to much for the 8 oz Jelly jar 2 3/4" across. i'm getting a little discouraged and may switch to a 8 oz mason jar to see if any of these work with it. Any suggestions will be helpful, I want to order samples of something that will work .

I appreciate any imput.

thanks

Karen

Get sample packs of as many wick as you can. Include HTP in the mix. Asking folks won't give you the solution because only you make candles the way you do. Make some wickless candles, skewer a hole in the middle and start testing.

Guest OldGlory

True, there is no substitute for firsthand experience.

IGI 6006 is a blend of paraffin and soy, and in a similar ratio to the blend you are making. I also pour a small candle for a wholesaler with a 2 1/4" opening and the wick that works best for me is a zinc wick. I've poured thousands of them. Just find one designed to burn a paraffin candle that size, and buy that size, buy one size up and buy one size down to cover a range of fragrances. The burn needs to be a bit hotter than for an all paraffin candle to compensate for the soy. As suggested above, a sample pack of wicks is a great tool for testing.

• 2 weeks later...