How do I clean tarts molds, wax was to soft

How do I clean tarts molds, wax was to soft. i used 50/50/4630 and 4627 and tarts will not come out of the fluted mold. to sticky... had to dig them out.

Now when cleaning them I realize they do not clean like soy with soap and water. Should I use a mold release spray before each use? Is there a wax cleaner I need to have?

Thanks for the help

Karen

You need to use a hard wax, find something that says it is for pillars, tarts, or votives. As far as cleaning your molds, you can use a heat gun, or stick them in the oven upside down on a cookie sheet lined with paper towels. Make sure it is a cookie sheet you aren't going to be needing for food again.

grab a old cookie sheet or pan and line with wax paper .... place the molds upside down onto the wax paper and stick in oven at the lowest setting it has...it should all melt out. Then just wipe out with paper towels. HTH

you do want to use a harder wax for tarts unless you're using scent cups or clamshells...for tart molds a harder wax is needed

Is there a wax cleaner I need to have?

The wax residue may release by putting in refrig or freezer for a little bit.

As the others have mentioned, you need a tart or pillar wax to go with either the 4630 or 4627. 4794 or 4625 are two popular ones. 50/50 is a ratio you may like. It is one that many of us do use and works out fine in souffle cups, clamshells or tart molds.

HTH and GL

Thanks so much for the advise. So 4625 and amd 4630 will work together? So many numbers , did I get that right?

I know it probably seems like any 2 waxes mixed together could work and it may read here like that is what we are doing, but not really. It is pretty simple, but not as simple as just tossing any two waxes together.

A container blend is soft because it has glass/tin, etc. to hold it up. A votive or pillar candle can stand on their own so that wax is a harder wax. So, a container blend alone (or two container waxes blended together) will not make a melt that you can get out of molds. Consider the wax condition when you put it in the pot to melt. It is not going to change it's properties when it hardens. If it is the consistency of Crisco/Vaseline (4627) when you spoon it into the pot, it is going to harden to that same consistency-or similar.

You can either start with a tart blend and get comfortable with molds and blending FO's or you can start by blending your own. To do the latter, you will need to get familiar with the waxes available to you and do a LOT of reading here. Ask if someone has tried this wax blended with that wax and you will get answers.

Peak sells 2 pound samples of many of their waxes and if you chose to start with blending your own, that is a good way to go.

Here is a link to Peak's samples. Just read which are container waxes and which are votive or pillar waxes to help you get more familiar:

http://www.peakcandle.com/category/Waxes/Wax-Samples.aspx