What are some of the strongest throwing scents w/supplier?

Belinda

Do you have some really strong throwing scents that you use over and over?

Like most everyone here I have bought more than I will ever use but keep going back to the same ones over and over because they're strong plus smell great. Some I have smell great but just aren't very strong or don't last. :(

I wanted to get some opinions before ordering more and get stuck with more that have a weak to moderate throw.

Anyone have some "knock your socks off" suggestions! :smiley2:

I especially love bakery scents but have been buying a lot of vanilla and berry scents.

Thanks for all input!

Belinda

Thanks!

Like a lot of others on here I've been experimenting with different waxes and I think I've finally decided to use 4625 for tarts and a blend of 4625 and paraffin container wax for clamshells. I have only tested 6006 in a candle but have only done 3 so far. I have straight paraffin container wax (can't remember which IGI#) and am going to test that soon.

Thanks for the input!

Belinda

AH/RE Amish Quilt

AH/RE Southern Pecan Pie

AH/RE Strawberry LW & Banana Nut Bread 50/50 mix for Strawberry-Banana Bread

BCN Lilac

NG Pearberry

TCS Melonberry

AH/RE Vanilla Crunch (I LOVE this one and I am not a vanilla type person!)

WSP/CC Mango Sorbet

I did a blend of 4625/4627 50/50 and my tarts are KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF strong the first 24hrs then scent is faded. Maybe I'll try 4633 instead? So far my 4786/KY133 last the longest. 2-3 days. I have a case of 4625 so I gotta get it figured out! LOL I went for broke after I read all the results with 4625..keeping my fingers crossed I figure it out!

AH/RE Amish Quilt

AH/RE Southern Pecan Pie

AH/RE Strawberry LW & Banana Nut Bread 50/50 mix for Strawberry-Banana Bread

BCN Lilac

NG Pearberry

TCS Melonberry

AH/RE Vanilla Crunch (I LOVE this one and I am not a vanilla type person!)

WSP/CC Mango Sorbet

I did a blend of 4625/4627 50/50 and my tarts are KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF strong the first 24hrs then scent is faded. Maybe I'll try 4633 instead? So far my 4786/KY133 last the longest. 2-3 days. I have a case of 4625 so I gotta get it figured out! LOL I went for broke after I read all the results with 4625..keeping my fingers crossed I figure it out!

Thanks for your input! I understand what you mean about getting it figured out. I love the way Ky133 comes in granules. Did you ever try that one alone?I think I did but can't remember what kind of results I got. I may have to give it another try but I just ordered 30 lbs of 4625! I know that's not a lot for some but it will last me a couple of weeks with tarts.

I also have a sample of amish quilt that I've had for months and haven't poured it yet but I think I will soon. I read a lot of good posts about it. I also have a sample of AH/RE that I need to pour!

Thanks!

Belinda

Thanks for your input! I understand what you mean about getting it figured out. I love the way Ky133 comes in granules. Did you ever try that one alone?I think I did but can't remember what kind of results I got. I may have to give it another try but I just ordered 30 lbs of 4625! I know that's not a lot for some but it will last me a couple of weeks with tarts.

I also have a sample of amish quilt that I've had for months and haven't poured it yet but I think I will soon. I read a lot of good posts about it. I also have a sample of AH/RE that I need to pour!

Thanks!

Belinda

Trust me a case is alot for me! It'll last me MONTHS, except when it comes to 4627 that lasts me maybe 2 months but I also poured 200 candles a few weeks back for a craft fair that was a bust..LOL SO I only ordered 25lbs this last time.

I really like KY133 and I'm very surprised its not talked about more on this board. I've dipped a few bears with it for new baby gifts, make votives occasionally with it and add it to my 4627 to firm it up without it affecting the HT or integrity of the 4627 FO load. 133 seems to perform well on its own..I'm just anal about the bumps in the tarts so I add the softer wax to give it a nice smooth top finish. I just had a NG Lick Me All Over last 4 DAYS of the KY133 alone! Granted I didn't do a whole lot of KY133 alone either. I was like WTH did I use for this one..checked my notes and sure enough straight 133! Granted, it had cured for 3+ months which I'm sure helped but still...that was awesome!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Amish Quilt! AH/RE Celtic Moonspice is VERY close to it..just not as spicey I guess you'd say. Just be careful of your FO load with both of them. I'm down to 6% as 1 oz was leaking out after a few weeks. What is the other sample from AH/RE you were going to use? I honestly love their oils. If you like flowery fresh scents Southern Wind on the clearance rack is incredible! I'm so upset they are getting rid of it!

There is one oil I'm still searching for though...straight sweet iced tea. The all have hints of lemon that I've tried, good, but I want me some Mc'D's sweet tea filling my house! LOL

One way or another I'm getting this 4625 down..I have some 4633 & 4636 I'm going to try both of those and see what happens

Edited by pita4294
oops's

Trust me a case is alot for me! It'll last me MONTHS, except when it comes to 4627 that lasts me maybe 2 months but I also poured 200 candles a few weeks back for a craft fair that was a bust..LOL SO I only ordered 25lbs this last time.

I really like KY133 and I'm very surprised its not talked about more on this board. I've dipped a few bears with it for new baby gifts, make votives occasionally with it and add it to my 4627 to firm it up without it affecting the HT or integrity of the 4627 FO load. 133 seems to perform well on its own..I'm just anal about the bumps in the tarts so I add the softer wax to give it a nice smooth top finish. I just had a NG Lick Me All Over last 4 DAYS of the KY133 alone! Granted I didn't do a whole lot of KY133 alone either. I was like WTH did I use for this one..checked my notes and sure enough straight 133! Granted, it had cured for 3+ months which I'm sure helped but still...that was awesome!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Amish Quilt! AH/RE Celtic Moonspice is VERY close to it..just not as spicey I guess you'd say. Just be careful of your FO load with both of them. I'm down to 6% as 1 oz was leaking out after a few weeks. What is the other sample from AH/RE you were going to use? I honestly love their oils. If you like flowery fresh scents Southern Wind on the clearance rack is incredible! I'm so upset they are getting rid of it!

There is one oil I'm still searching for though...straight sweet iced tea. The all have hints of lemon that I've tried, good, but I want me some Mc'D's sweet tea filling my house! LOL

One way or another I'm getting this 4625 down..I have some 4633 & 4636 I'm going to try both of those and see what happens

Can I ask a question? Do you think 4625 will have a better throw than KY133? I'm just wondering since you had a tart that lasted 4 days with KY133 alone. I tested KY133 alone against 4625 and I'm not sure that I could tell a difference. I'm like you about wondering why more people don't use this wax. I love the granules.

I think the other scent from AH I need to use is celtic moonspice! I've read so much about amish quilt and CM and I have samples of both but have never put them in wax. I was a little surprised that CM smelled like it does. I was expecting something different but it does smell good.

Do you use molds for your tarts or pour them in cups? One reason I like KY133 and 4625 for tarts is because the wax doesn't seem to rub off on the bags as much as it does when there's a softer wax used.

Please share your testing results if you test 4625 against KY133 and thanks for your reply. I may have to order some more of that wax!

Belinda

KY133 was the first wax I used! I found the RE scent brittle tutorial, bought a bag and jumped in. I did not get days from my melts made with it. 4625, for me, won out in my testing and testing with a number of testers. That said, I do not use 4625 alone. I liked the stronger HT and longer longevity that I achieved by blending a container wax with. I am certain, though, that many here may use 4625 alone and get great results. I find this all to be very subjective and extremely variable.

That said, I have yet to get a melt (mine or those sent to me by others who have asked me to test for them) that I got days of scent. Some in the laundry range have lasted a long time but I guess I do not warm them until they are completely absent of scent. I warm them until I cannot get a good HT and then I move on.

There is a nice friend here who wanted to try some of my melts in a couple of my final wax blends. She messaged saying that they are lasting forever and at this rate her little test could take weeks. I may simply be too picky in terms of what I expect from a melt. Same with some that I have given to friends and co-workers. Some tell me that they want to buy now that I sell to people I know but that what I gave them is lasting so long it will be awhile.

So, I guess if you want to sell, there is a balance between a melt that lasts long enough that people feel they are a value yet not so long that repeat business is long in coming!

KY133 was the first wax I used! I found the RE scent brittle tutorial, bought a bag and jumped in. I did not get days from my melts made with it. 4625, for me, won out in my testing and testing with a number of testers. That said, I do not use 4625 alone. I liked the stronger HT and longer longevity that I achieved by blending a container wax with. I am certain, though, that many here may use 4625 alone and get great results. I find this all to be very subjective and extremely variable.

That said, I have yet to get a melt (mine or those sent to me by others who have asked me to test for them) that I got days of scent. Some in the laundry range have lasted a long time but I guess I do not warm them until they are completely absent of scent. I warm them until I cannot get a good HT and then I move on.

There is a nice friend here who wanted to try some of my melts in a couple of my final wax blends. She messaged saying that they are lasting forever and at this rate her little test could take weeks. I may simply be too picky in terms of what I expect from a melt. Same with some that I have given to friends and co-workers. Some tell me that they want to buy now that I sell to people I know but that what I gave them is lasting so long it will be awhile.

So, I guess if you want to sell, there is a balance between a melt that lasts long enough that people feel they are a value yet not so long that repeat business is long in coming!

Thank you for sharing with all of us! I agree that duration/strength etc can be subjective. I've gone into the office where I work and our secretary would have one of my tarts going and I could barely smell it while they were talking about how strong it was! I was a little embarrassed by it because I thought it was weak. I am going to start experimenting with blending 4625 and container wax and see how it goes for me. I want a strong tart with at least a good 14 hours or so of scent. I've bought some from other companies that don't last as long or smell as strong but it could also be the different fragrances.

Thanks again for all the input!