Essential Depot

Candybee

Anyone use them? They are located in Florida so thats good for people like me on the east coast. They have all kinds of soaping supplies, including lye and koh, and some floral waters, carrier oils, and essential oils I haven't seen before. Good prices too. Just wondering if anyone here uses them and how their experience with them went.

http://www.essentialdepot.com/

Hey Candybee,

I have bought the Unrefined Shea Butter( LOVE!) , Castor Oil, Palm Oil, the food grade Lye , Coconut Oil (LOVE) , Olive Oil, Cedarwood Essential Oil, Apple Green Fragrance Oil. The only products I have not used yet is the Palm Oil, Cedarwood Essential oil (smells true to scent- wonderful) and Apple Green (smells wonderful) Frag Oil. I am very pleased with the quality of their products and was very happy with their shipping that as soon as I can...I am going back for more! I want to buy more of what I bought and also try their Beef Tallow. I decided to try them after watching Kim from Essential Soap (on the left of their front page). She is a hoot to watch! :) Their products make great soap! You won't be sorry you ordered from them, I guarantee you! :)

Thanks for the reviews. I was impressed by what I read about their packaging & shipping for lye and other caustic chemicals. It makes me feel safe ordering lye to be shipped. So far I've been buying it locally but now I am looking for bulk and bulk rates.

Edited by Candybee

Forgot to also ask about their FOs. They make them sound like they are stronger when they say use at .6% pp of oils. I like how they explain how and when to add their FOs to your soap. They have a few reviews on their site but it would help if anyone here has used them and has an opinion on them.

I ordered 10 lbs of the food grade lye. I really like the fact that they come in a 2 lb heavier plastic container...no muss, no fuss..just pour out what you need, replace lid. You do have to sign for the lye though when UPS delivers so make sure you are home. The 5 containers of lye I ordered were all placed in a plastic bag before placed in box for shipping so it is obvious that they do care about the product arriving safely to you. :)

Edited by puma52

I have ordered the food grade lye..(which is on sale this week for $1.99 per 2lb)...Shea Butter and they just started carrying silicone soap molds. I have not tried their EO's or FO's but so far I like everything I got from them.

I'm dying to try their hydrosols. I have been doing a lot of water/tea, herbal, fruit, and floral infusions for my soapmaking lately and love the selections they have. You gotta try using rose water for your rose soap, or lavender water for your lavender soap. Yesterday I did an orange peel with a cinnamon stick and clove infusion for my orange chili pepper soap. The infusions really give your soap a scent boost.