Toasted Marshmallow

babudust

Oh why does toasted marshmallow smell like acetone to me OOB. I've gotten 2 samples from 2 different companies and OOB it smells like pure acetone. What the hell is wrong with my nose?? I'm too scared of putting this fragrance oil in wax. =/

I have not liked anyone's except RE/AH. You may likely have that one. Put it in wax. Although, mine smells so delicious OOB that I use it in lotion and am stopped at work all day by people asking about my "amazing vanilla perfume". One of my Art Directors told me that I always smell like a funnel cake!

Now, a LOT of Banana Bread FO's smell like nail polish remover to me OOB.

Funny you post this, I just put Toasted Marshmallow in the burner! I use AH/RE and I love it, OOB and in wax. Everyones nose is different I guess. I recently got some samples from Peak, and my boys said the same thing about the Banana Nut Bread. Well they said it smells like the stuff I use to clean my nails... nail polish remover.

Karen- Do you use the lotion base from AH/RE? I'm looking for something to use to put some baskets together for Mothers Day.

I have RE/AH and JS. Maybe my nose is playing tricks on me.

I did not care for the TM from JS.

Funny you post this, I just put Toasted Marshmallow in the burner! I use AH/RE and I love it, OOB and in wax. Everyones nose is different I guess. I recently got some samples from Peak, and my boys said the same thing about the Banana Nut Bread. Well they said it smells like the stuff I use to clean my nails... nail polish remover.

Karen- Do you use the lotion base from AH/RE? I'm looking for something to use to put some baskets together for Mothers Day.

My lotion base is from Essential Wholesale. I have also added my FO's to any unscented lotion I preferred and it was fine. Since I am my customer and do not sell, I make it fairly non-scientific.

I really like NG' Toasted Marshmallow. It lasted for several days in my warmer. I was really surprised because it is such a light fragrance but once it cured for a week, it was nice.

I think NG's Eggnog smells like nail polish remover out of the box and I almost didn't test it because of that reason. I tried it and the eggnog scent came alive once it was in wax. It's a great scent!

I LOVE, LOVE LOVE AH's Toasted Marshmallow!! (Karen- thank you to you for recommending this one to me!) I put it in lotion and it smells wonderful- I love vanilla scents, but am picky about them too. I still need to get it in some wax melts, but I love this one in lotion (I use the whipped body frosting recipe in this site's recipe section- wonderful stuff!!)

I love Aztec Internationals Toasted Marshmallow.

I received a bottle of AH/RE "TM" yesterday and felt it will be a light to medium thrower as expected, but smelled no "acetone" notes. JMO/HTH

Thanks Suzy for the info on NG "Egg Nog". It's in my shopping cart. I may have not waxed it based on my OOB impression.

I have a best buddy, dairy distributor whom I make ""Eggnog candles for as a gift to his customers at Christmas. I'm always looking for the "BEST" out there. That search is eternal. I've been "punching-up" with "spices and rum" the FO I was previously using. "Billy" even gives away a gallon of his "home-brew" eggnog along with the candle that I named "Billy's Eggnog". He's very proud of it. My wife and daughter's love his concoction. I can take it or leave it. The funniest thing, though, is my pal is severely lactose intolerant. Ain't that a hoot?

Do not know your preferred percentage of FO but it is not AT ALL a light thrower.

I'm sorry for my mistake in commenting. I was basing it on what some others have told me about the fragrance and what my impression was OOB.

I'll refrain from commenting on throw in future posts, unless I have tested them in wax myself.

At least three members on "another" board mentioned that a particular "TM" (Not AH/RE) had a throw similar to "Warm Vanilla Sugar" also not from AH/RE.

I'm a chandler and it surprises me that I can sell "WVS" candles based on what I feel is a pretty weak throw. I felt that "WVS" is a nice fragrance, but better suited to B&B than wax. PLEASE NOTE: I have only bought "WVS" from one supplier, whom I have now stopped dealing with.

I "sniffed" The AH/RE "TM" at about the last position in a list of 25 or so FO's. Several of the ones I had previously smelled in that lot were "really seriously powerful." Not only had I prejudged the fragrance thinking it wouldn't be a strong thrower based on inaccurate data, I had no business posting what I did with a real case of CM nose.

I still maintain it was wrong thinking on my part to mention throw. I try never to offer opinions or advice unless I'm comfortable with the subject. It was enough to say that I did not personally detect any "acetone" scent notes OOB.

I still think it's hilarious, though, that a "milkman" is lactose intolerant!

On this subject, I am an expert. My pal, Billy, once pucked on my dining room table. I had sauteed some shrimp in garlic sauce made with butter rather than olive oil and margarine. It didn't take long!

Dave

Edited by emilyspoppy

I so love RE Toasted Marshmallow!!! That is the only one I really liked even oob and I use it all the time by itself and it is wonderful as a mixer! Before discovering this one, I smelled several and I do know what you are talking about with the "acetone" smell. The RE Toasted Marshmallow fo I have been told by my customers and I quote is "lick the walls good"!! Lol!! Dave you are too funny! That is ironic that a milkman would be lactose intolerant! But yes there are some fragrances that I have judged on first sniff and perhaps they would have been great but I just could not get past that first sniff!