New Starbella Glam yarn

SliverOfWax

I really like one of them...Paragon. I am scarfed out for now after making so many around Christmas time. Right now it's the beadweaving but...I'm sure I'll get tired of it at some point and get back to quilting and knitting.

I've wanted to learn to do this...would it be knitting? I want to make scarves. I get confused between knitting and crochet.

I need to go find someplace to learn. As if I need another hobby to do lol...but I've really always wanted to do it.

You can either knit or crochet the scarves. There are several youtube videos for both ways. I do the knitting, but it's knitting only in that it calls for the actual 'knit' stitch. It's just a single, easy stitch, and isn't at all what you would think of when knitting something like a sweater with multiple stitches.

In one of the threads here, someone posted a picture of a scarf she had crocheted. I don't think there much different in the way the end result looks. For someone who prefers crocheting, I would think it would be just as easy. I do both but I much prefer knitting over crocheting, so I've never even looked at the crochet videos.

What is the beadweaving. Sounds like fun!!

tam1116, it's jewelry making but instead of just stringing beads you make it with different types of stitches. I made a few braclets on my own and then decided to take a class at the bead shop called Flat Spiral Stitch. I am taking a different class on 4/17 to make another bracelet. Here is where I buy my beads and supplies and take classes. You can see the classes for the different types of stitches. My goal is to learn to do a particular peyote stitch and make a cuff bracelet that I saw in a beadweaving book that I bought. It's an advanced project so I'll wait till I get good at this before attempting it. I HATE having to take stuff apart if I make a mistake.

http://www.potomacbeads.com/Classes-BeadWeaving.html

OK.....this is just my opinion. I prefer the Red Heart Sashay yarn over the Starbella. It's a tiny bit harder to work with in that the yarn is fluffier and the loops at the top where you stick your needle aren't as clearly defined. Plus with the Red Heart, you stick your needle in every other loop. The Starbella loops are bigger so you use every one. Since the Starbella loops are a bit bigger and the yarn isn't as fluffy, it's easier to work with but once you get going on the Red Heart, it's easy enough.

The fluffiness of the Red Heart makes for a scarf that hangs better, imo.

And Red Heart is cheaper.

Win-Win!

I get most of my yarn here, which seems to be the cheapest I've found:

http://www.knitting-warehouse.com/

Debratant, There is another thread in this section, I think it is called new scarf I knitted by texas brat. There is a couple videos on there. I like the sashay because it is softer and fall prettier, but apparently this is a super trend and a lot of places are out of stock. We have been knitting them for a few months now for our charities, it's really easy and I got fast quick.

crazzie, those are pretty, have you tried that brand yet?