Stitched Swarovski Bead tMS Awareness Bracelet

MoonShadow

March was National Multiple Sclerosis Education and Awareness Month. I made this hand-stitched MS Awareness Bracelet.

il_570xN.436331745_ekd6.jpg

I wanted to make a stylish piece of jewelry for MSers, caregivers and family members that reflects the ever changing nature of MS. That's why I chose the AB crystals. The drop charm features the traditions MS colors of orange and black.

I'm not a fan of orange and wrote what was intended to be a light-hearted blog post about MSers like me being stuck with it as an awareness color. (I learned that some people have no sense of humor about the color orange. :rolleyes2 Who knew?)

If you have a sense of humor, you can read it here. What Do Feral Cats, Motorcycle Safety and MS Have in Common?

Did I go too far?

Edited by MoonShadow

I loved your blog post. And I LOVE the bracelet. I NEVER thought I would have the desire to make jewelry. I ordered a book from amazon...Mastering Peyote. Most of the pieces were too advanced for a beginner so I bought a few beginner books. Now I am hooked. I've made 2 pendant necklaces and 5 bracelets. I took a class...flat spiral bracelet at a local bead shop and planning to take another one later this month. I found their prices were not much more than Michael's and the selection is unbelievable... 2 floors of beads, pendants and beading supplies. Now the good part is...or as my husband says, the bad part...I get my hair done every Thursday morning at my X DIL's salon. The bead shop is right next door. I think I've been in there every Thursday for the past 2 months...and of course buying beads etc. Today I went to Michael's to buy some more beading needles and came home with more beads and 2 pendants. And...tomorrow I will be in the bead shop after I get my hair colored. It's my new addiction. I haven't poured a candle in over 2 years.