Candlewic M&P Products

emilyspoppy

I'm pretty familiar with Candlewic's candle making supplies. I have been a happy customer of their's for years.

I am now interested in doing M&P for personal use only. I would like any opinions or comments that anyone might offer on their M&P line, including;

Bases / Molds / Soap Dyes

Any other suggestions for a "newbie" M&P old geezer would also be appeciated.

TIA

Dave @ Charlotte Hall Country Candles

Dave

I've used their bases before and I would give them about a C+. Good for an emergency backup supplier but not the best out there. The price is definitely right so thats a plus.

I usually get my bases from C&S www.candlesandsupplies.net. They are the best I have found to work with. Be warned; they are notoriously bad at keeping bases in stock so when it comes time to purchase sometimes they are out of certain bases. So my backup supplier is The Chemistry Store. They carry the Stephenson bases and they are pretty good too and also have great bulk rate prices that are hard to beat.

So those are three suppliers that are here on the East Coast.

Peaks carries the SFIC bases if you are looking for ones without SLS. The SFIC bases are great but pricey.

Another good supplier is Essentials by Catalina. They are in California but they have a great deal on bulk rate and they charge shipping by USPS flat rate. They pour the base directly into a shipping box so you only pay the flat rate. Downside is you have to cut up the 20lb base it comes in. No problem for me. The Chemistry Store ships the same way. Any supplier that does this has the best shipping price.

Dave

I've used their bases before and I would give them about a C+. Good for an emergency backup supplier but not the best out there. The price is definitely right so thats a plus.

I usually get my bases from C&S www.candlesandsupplies.net. They are the best I have found to work with. Be warned; they are notoriously bad at keeping bases in stock so when it comes time to purchase sometimes they are out of certain bases. So my backup supplier is The Chemistry Store. They carry the Stephenson bases and they are pretty good too and also have great bulk rate prices that are hard to beat.

So those are three suppliers that are here on the East Coast.

Peaks carries the SFIC bases if you are looking for ones without SLS. The SFIC bases are great but pricey.

Another good supplier is Essentials by Catalina. They are in California but they have a great deal on bulk rate and they charge shipping by USPS flat rate. They pour the base directly into a shipping box so you only pay the flat rate. Downside is you have to cut up the 20lb base it comes in. No problem for me. The Chemistry Store ships the same way. Any supplier that does this has the best shipping price.

Thanks Candy!

I thought there would be more replies, but it looks like you have covered all of the bases. (Sometimes I amuse myself!)

Have a great week!

Dave

I use their bases and my customers love the soap. I buy from CW because I buy all my wax from them, so it's convenient. I only use the 4 transluscent bases.

Curious!

Candlewic owner, Bill Binder, suggested I start with their clear bases, too. I'm a bit of an adventurer. I like the company, the owner and the price. I think I'll put one of each in my cart. I'm also going to try the goat milk base. I'll be trying CW's dye and molds too. I will follow Candy's advice and make sure my FO is also CP "friendly".

HMMMNN! Now what FO should I try first? So very many to choose from and already on my shelves.

Thanks!

Dave

I bought a goats milk base and scented it with Suede from Moonworks for my hubby. Smells delicious!! Ive got another 2 pounds of base and just received my first milky way soap mold. Not sure what scent to use this time. I'm thinking maybe something girly! Keep us posted on the CW base. Ive been dying to order from there!!

Edited by FaithfulScenter
not enough coffee

I've been away from candle and soapmaking for almost 2 years. But...I used the goatsmilk M&P from CW and some of their other bases for a long time and loved them. I also loved some of their fragrance oils for candles. I started ordering their wax because the price was right and I live in PA so shipping was not bad at all. I will say that Bill Binder personally gave me GREAT customer service when I would email him about anything. He gave me great info on how to use one of their pillar waxes. Their Sweet Sandalwood in candles and tarts was a great seller for me. Can't remember if it's soapsafe.