Searching for a good Buttercream that smells like actual cake frosting...

Thanks!

I looked at my spreadsheet and I have really only tried 2. I really thought that I had tried more. I switched to Birthday Cake and Sugar Cookie (both from Peak) to get more what I was after. I renamed Birthday Cake to Cupcake and a couple of my testers said it was their favorite of those I gave them in the vanilla range.

I have learned that I do not like perfume nor French Vanillas but more cake and bakery Vanillas.

Thanks, again!

The Buttercream Frosting from Daystar is wonderful, I LOVED it in my 4633 candles, but when I tested it in my soy melts, it smelled a little off, but maybe my fo is old (got it about 18 months ago), not sure. May need to buy another tester just to make sure. - I also love the bakery vanillas, and I love Peak's birthday cake (it's a family/friend favorite).

Buttercream frosting FOs are usually made using a blend of Vanilla, Strawberry, Butter and Valerian. The Strawberry and Valerian in trace amounts gives that raw chemical-edge freshness characteristic of "frosting". The Butter (usually from a Popcorn FO) and Vanilla help round out and sweeten the scent. Buttercream fragrances are primarily vanilla. And that concludes rctfavr3's useless factoid of the day!

Edited by rctfavr3

Buttercream frosting FOs are usually made using a blend of Vanilla, Strawberry, Butter and Valerian. The Strawberry and Valerian in trace amounts gives that raw chemical-edge freshness characteristic of "frosting". The Butter (usually from a Popcorn FO) and Vanilla help round out and sweeten the scent. Buttercream fragrances are primarily vanilla. And that concludes rctfavr3's useless factoid of the day!

I always appreciate your technical nose, rctfavr3. Are you a perfume chemist? Very interesting!

Candybee- I tried Candle Science's Buttercream a few years back for a custom order & it was wonderful...a spot on dupe of Yankee's Buttercream.

Have you tried Sugar Cookie Royale from Moonworks? I know it's not a frosting scent, but it is AMAZING!!

I have not. Nor have I tried Sissy's Sugar Cookie from BC (I think South). BCN did not make my short list of suppliers so I never pursued this one. I like Peak's Sugar Cookie but I should plan to try the Moonworks one!