Making anything today?? Love to hear what you have planned!

I have the miracle TCS tart wax in my Presto and plan to pour identical batches of it and also it blended with 4633 later today.

The FO's I will be using are RE Toasted Marshmallow (tried and true so I can count on it) and my "accidental" blend of Peak Banana Bread and CS Apple Harvest. If I have wax remaining I will also make Daystar Paradise. I have fresh batches of these 3 in a wax blend I had been using so the test-later this week-will be very apples to apples.

I have also engaged 2 out of town testers who are WAY into wax melts. I have labeled some existing melts A or B (in my 2, "finalist" wax blends) and they will test those for me as well as my sending them these 2 blends, that I plan to make today, also labeled A or B. So, getting some boxes packed!

Since my testing is concentrated on wax blends right now (rather than FO's), they will recieve a spreadsheet for their comments just on HT and longevity.

You making anything today? Testing? Melting/warming/burning just for your pleasure?

they will recieve a spreadsheet for their comments just on HT and longevity

Think I need to be more disciplined with testers.

I am also testing the miracle TCS wax at some point this weekend. Today it is a 4625/4633 blend. Have the exact same blends made up with TCS as with 4625 and using the new Scentsy warmer. Going into the final testing phase finally. If none of these are satisfactory, it will be back to 6098/4625 and be done with it. Oh, may have one more blend to try that I was told about yesterday which requires buying just one more wax...Have been saying just one more wax for a very long time....

Also, testing containers of paraffin blends today. Tomorrow it will be 6006 blends.

Think I need to be more disciplined with testers.

I am also testing the miracle TCS wax at some point this weekend. Today it is a 4625/4633 blend. Have the exact same blends made up with TCS as with 4625 and using the new Scentsy warmer. Going into the final testing phase finally. If none of these are satisfactory, it will be back to 6098/4625 and be done with it. Oh, may have one more blend to try that I was told about yesterday which requires buying just one more wax...Have been saying just one more wax for a very long time....

Also, testing containers of paraffin blends today. Tomorrow it will be 6006 blends.

Yeah, I am a process/discipline/detail person. It does not help me for people to say, "I liked this one". I let them know SPECIFICALLY what I am after and what I need from them. I also told them if they could not tell a difference between A and B that information was also VERY helpful so not to be shy in being honest.

4633 feels a lot like 4630 to me. Have you found a difference yet? I need to read what the difference is in them since I do like 4630.

I am SO ready to be done with wax blending/selection! I have been testing blends for months just for my melts. I don't even have a business!

I have not tried the 6098 but other than these I am trying today, I am shutting the door (for now) to taking on new waxes to add to the mix.

4633 feels a lot like 4630 to me. Have you found a difference yet? I need to read what the difference is in them since I do like 4630.

Kinda! I'm blending so my input may not be too reliable. I think 4633 is a creamier, more opaque wax with less smoking tendencies. However, I think 4630 has better HT out the gate but 4633 has just as much once its MP gets larger. Also, I think 4633 gives a "richer" or deeper quality to the FOs. I've only had a few FOs in 4633 but they were from my tried and true collection. I've gotten wet spots from both even using Windex on the jars.

With all that said, if the testing on the tarts and containers with 4633 and 4630 don't show any more of a difference than I've noticed so far, I will go with 4630 due to its availability and little lower cost. I don't think the average buyer would know the difference except for the translucent/less translucent thing.

It does not help me for people to say, "I liked this one". I let them know SPECIFICALLY what I am after and what I need from them. I also told them if they could not tell a difference between A and B that information was also VERY helpful so not to be shy in being honest

I get a text with a thumbs up or they will say that one smelled really good. I've went over and over the inch per hour rule on burning, trimming the wicks, etc. I get back jars that I can tell were not wick trimmed nor burned an inch per hour. So, basically I've decided I'm just gifting the candles to the kids and do the testing myself. I'd never charge them anyway...ever.

Today I am working on a new special project. This one is hush hush Until I see If all goes well. I am also working on my tarts today. I have so many new scents I need to test. I am also waiting on wicks So I can start testing my 2 oz tins. My work is never done LOL

Kinda! I'm blending so my input may not be too reliable. I think 4633 is a creamier, more opaque wax with less smoking tendencies. However, I think 4630 has better HT out the gate but 4633 has just as much once its MP gets larger. Also, I think 4633 gives a "richer" or deeper quality to the FOs. I've only had a few FOs in 4633 but they were from my tried and true collection. I've gotten wet spots from both even using Windex on the jars.

With all that said, if the testing on the tarts and containers with 4633 and 4630 don't show any more of a difference than I've noticed so far, I will go with 4630 due to its availability and little lower cost. I don't think the average buyer would know the difference except for the translucent/less translucent thing.

I get a text with a thumbs up or they will say that one smelled really good. I've went over and over the inch per hour rule on burning, trimming the wicks, etc. I get back jars that I can tell were not wick trimmed nor burned an inch per hour. So, basically I've decided I'm just gifting the candles to the kids and do the testing myself. I'd never charge them anyway...ever.

Thanks!

This is why I like testers who are skilled wax makers (like you!) and non-family, non-close friends. The testers I am sending these boxes are wax addicts who I met online, around the melting addiction. They have been helpful.

I finally found a use for CB Advanced, I am trying to get a caterer's business, he uses small paraffin candles (votives) on the tables which he buys from WalMart. I'm trying to sell him the idea of using "naked" soy; no color, no FO. CB-A would be perfect for this. So, I am making some test container candles for him. So far they look good.

I just made a batch last Thursday of CS Mac Apple. Used Eco PB wax and cut up into crumbles into portion cups. All my apple loving customers are goin nuts over it. Also did some Blueberry Cobbler(CS) oh so strong and yummy!

Last winter(around Christmas) I made some candles and tarts using KYs Hot Chocolate with a layer of the yummy RE Toasted marshmallow on top. The HC goes soooo well with the Toasted Marshmallow.

Sounds like lots of you had a fun, busy and innovative Saturday!

Between testing wax blends and some new FO testing, I poured 20 small batches. I am ready to melt and relax today.

THEN...my Peak order arrives tomorrow. That pesky career of mine will get in the way of my playing with that new stuff. Will have to wait until next weekend!

I am looking for something different for spring so I jumped in yesterday and started painting glass jars (translucent)

I don't use dye so I am going to see how this goes to add a little spring color....

Today I am making more melts with all the 100's of 1 ouncers I have to see if any are winners or if my mom just gets tons more free melts! Lol

Edited by moonshine