CS Order

se2653

Horses scare me! Yep! Big old me! When I was a kid I had a very large one bite me and step on my foot! OUCH!

I once delivered an expensive & pregnant Arabian to my brother. It was a BD gift to his wife. It was a 6 hour journey. I had to help load and unload her. I stopped every hour or so and checked on her and I had to take her through the Baltimore Harbor Tunnel. I needed Valium to make that trip. I'm not a "horsey person", but I like horse movies and people who do like horses.

Dave

I had to laugh at what you said about horses scaring you (not to make light of your fear) , but they scare the crap out of my husband too...the person on the horse in my avatar. He has no problem speeding on a racetrack at RoadAmerica with his racing bike...but the real type of horsepower - scares him to death. He says the living kind he has no control over. :-)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol- that's funny- my husband doesn't care for the idea either....I haven't been able to talk him into a ride yet - let alone get on one and I have had horses for 15 years

I think it's the whole having no control over a very large animal with a mind of its own - I'm not going to lie and say they don't scare me at all... I have them- love them- ride them but when they get scared its a scary thing to stay in control and try and keep yourself and them together! Lol

Dave- hauling horses requires me to be tranquilized also! Lol it's nerve racking!

2 years ago I had one break out of my pasture while we had the other one at equestrian practice for high school- he got hit by a car - that was the scariest thing I ever went thru and thankfully the people that hit him were completely unharmed and we found the horse (Roy) in a church parking lot a couple miles south of us with no serious injuries at all - he had a tire tread mark on his back and a couple scrapes on his hocks- that is it- no stitches broken bones or internal injuries- the people that hit him said he went down hard (and the whole side of the truck was smashed)and that he rolled across the road several times and shot back up and just ran

we brought the trailer down to the church after we found him and he loaded up like nothing ever happened and I still ride him regularly at the ripe old age of 24!

I wouldn't know what to do without them...they keep the day very interesting- never a dull one around here and rescuing horses is such a rewarding experience- I am considering taking another one on this spring!

Sorry OP... Didn't mean to side track your thread

Edited by moonshine