Does jar type/shape effect hot throw?

Sorry I this has been asked before but I couldn't find it in a search. Does the shape/type of jar effect the hot throw at all? I'm in the process of trying to find the best jar for me and if the hot throw can be altered by the shape of the jar I'd like to know. I know that larger diameter would effect melt pool size but I'm more referring to the neck or lack there of. Thanks everyone.

Sorry I this has been asked before but I couldn't find it in a search. Does the shape/type of jar effect the hot throw at all? I'm in the process of trying to find the best jar for me and if the hot throw can be altered by the shape of the jar I'd like to know. I know that larger diameter would effect melt pool size but I'm more referring to the neck or lack there of. Thanks everyone.

Yes indeedy! Jars that have a nice curved shoulder throw better than straight-sided jars. The tureens and the regular mouth masons are known for their amazing HT, and so are the Balmoral and Apothecary jars. Straight-sided jars and candle bowls and straight-sided tumblers are pretty and contemporary and can have a great HT, especially when you double or triple wick them, but the jars with curved shoulders really help the HT a lot. For example, me and ChandlerWicks have been testing the Emma Jars from Wallyworld alongside our 12 oz Status jars, and we noticed the 10 oz Emma has a stronger HT than the DT Status even though they're both 3" in diameter. You might like to try the 10 oz Emma jar from Wallyworld, it's only $1.97 with a glass lid.

Edited by HorsescentS

Omg I feel super "duh" right now... I googled wallyworld thinking it was a site. But I'm just realizing its walmart!?!?

Lol Yes, you're right, but we don't write the real name of the store presumably because everyone searching for it on Google might end up here, and if there's another reason I don't know what it is. lol So, you may want to edit your post to change the name of the store slightly.

Edited by HorsescentS