Where'd the weekend come from?!

This week has flown by! I'm spending today pouring candles to finish out wicking/testing my 21 oz status jars, and pouring some tarts in TCS tart wax, I will definitely be pouring some of Daystars Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies (finally!). We leave bright and early in the morning to head on a big snowtubing trip with our youth group, so I have to get my pouring done today. I can't test til Monday, I do better waiting to test if I have something to keep me busy, otherwise it drives me nuts, waiting to light that candle!! What's everyone else up to this weekend?

Have to get through a long day at work today before the weekend can start for me!

Tomorrow I plan to pour a few from my "I am not sure" bin into a wax I like but do not plan to use again. My son and his family are coming to visit next week and my DIL needs to stock back up on melts. Hoping there may be some in what I pour tomorrow that may surprise me and/or be something she likes. I have plenty made of her favorites already.

Since we fly them here, she and I will stuff a box full and mail them back to her.

JAJC-I mail melts to my parents in Wyoming, usually once a season, always some Sugar Cookie and Sunshine, and then whatever else I want to send!!

Chandler- Super jealous over here! I'd love to meet up with a fellow chandler for some talk!! And BTA hasn't been here since November, I wonder where she may be??

I was hoping to be pouring today but unfortunately the van had to into the shop today for much needed repairs and wont be done till later. So i have to wait until Monday to run to C&S for supplies :/ Guess this means I am spending the day with the little guys while my FO's are eyeballing me......

Guest OldGlory

Oy, I was so hoping that the sample of Spiced Gum Drops would be here by now. Yes, I chose to ship usps, but one can still hope it would arrive 8 days after I ordered it! I found another source for samples of the same type of FO and ordered those. As long as they arrive by Wednesday I'll be happy. That will give me time to pour, cure, and test.

I loved getting to meet Chandler today! We swapped some FOs and talked shop for a while. Wish we could all sit in a kitchen somewhere, a variety of waxes melted and standing by for impromptu blending and pouring. Wouldn't that be fun?

I hope to be making a college football theme gel candle. Already did tests on some hard plastic mini helmets and goal posts, just waiting for the crystal football to come in! this one will be for myself and will never get heated up as long as I am alive! :smiley2:

Chris

Edited by eitsfan

How wonderful OldGlory and Chandlerwicks that you two could arrange to meet! I would love that also- just to have a fellow candle/fo person to bounce ideas off of and brainstorm. Would love it if one of the wax companies had a conference that we could attend- it would be a good way to meet other people in this field. I ordered some fo's recently (surprise, surprise!) and will try to get some testers poured this weekend. Also have to try to organize some family photos that I've been putting off for years! Have a great weekend everyone!!

Guest OldGlory

It would be harder for candlemakers because of the potential mess and the lingering odors. With quilters, there's no real lasting 'presence'. But I do think it would be a lot of fun.

Aztec had a gathering last summer. Don't know if they'll repeat it. I did not go so I can't say if there was wax ready to be poured.

Seems like the actual gathering and pouring would have to take place in someone's home, and that could be problematic.

Having said all of this, if I could get off work I would go!

I am doing a candle making demonstration for my daughter's 4-H club tomorrow. She is the leader of the club so I had to say yes. I am going to have them all make a small candle. They are also going to do a fundraiser. This will be my first, not sure what kind of quantities to expect

I'm up in MN- the great white north! unfortunately not too close to Tennessee. My son's tennis team from UNL (Nebr) is playing at East Tenn State today- so I'm there in spirit! May try to mix up to lotions this weekend along with melts (I'm running low on wax, so need to put an order in soon...) Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Oh JAJC- that is hard! but there are many that smell different after they are in wax, so it's still good to try them. One that I really didn't like OOB and even when I poured was Van Bean Nectarine (Peak), but I really liked it when I was burning it- I smelled different layers then. Pour some of our tried and true ones to keep your spirits up!! Congrats Dolphin on your first Etsy sale!! Thats wonderful!