Pennsylvania Trademark Registration

sisters3

I thought that I would copy this into a new thread, might help many people from PA that have had their hard work "stolen" from them. It was kind of lost in the thread where I posted originally:

HayCreekCandles,

OK, I am going to try to insert PA corporation website where it speaks to trademark registration in PA, you can find the pdf form there that you use to submit. If you need any help completing the form just let me know, I had to get some help from the Commonwealth, but got it done. FYI, we have done this not only for our company logo but each variation of our labels.

Hope this helps.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...ademark/571894

Oh yea, remember our "Gent Scents" ? black label yellow print, guy with mustache....Well it was brought to my attention from a customer, he gave me the site, which was a facebook page and BAM there was our label, exactly, right on this person page! He/she was able to "black out" our company name and location so that the basic lable remained. This was about 8 months ago or so I guess. Then I kicked into high gear!!

PS Tracey - I even used my posts from this forum to show proof that they were ours, remember when I posted them to get your opinion, and other opinions from this forum?

Edited by sisters3

Oh yes, I stopped it, but it took almost a month and WAY too much of my time. It would help if FB would make their users show that they OWN their graphics if they are going to have busniess sites. But, life goes on, it happens all the time. Now that we have everything registered all I need to do if it happens again and send an email to the Commonwealth and they handle it. Nice!!

okay I looked at this and i'm slightly confused....is it 50 bucks per trademark?

Correct, each time I submitted a form (logo, and 2 labels) it cost me $50 per registration. The labels were different from our business logo, so thought this would be the best way to do it. Does that help you?