Whats wrong with me?

Shipping might be less then $30.00, unless you just want to go have fun!

QUOTE=FaithfulScenter;995732]Thanks Jeanie! I'll smell them all I'm sure!! I can't wait, google maps says 77 miles, @ aprox. 18 mpg, that's about $30 in gas, not bad at all!!! Now I'll be stalking her website waiting to see just what it's going to cost per slab & case.

ETA: I could drive my hubby's work car instead of my trailblazer and save even more on gas!

Did you work with 6098 with me? I'm thinking they are very similar waxes. I want to say the same except one being IGI and one Clarus throws it off.

Chandler, I will probably do a mock order and see first, but it was $33 for a case shipping from Clarus, so if it is the same, I might as well drive it and smell some FO while I'm there!! Jeanie, I'd have to check my notes, but I'm thinking it was 4633 I was mixing it with. Thats been about 6 months and a billion waxes ago lol

Edited by FaithfulScenter

Chandler, I will probably do a mock order and see first, but it was $33 for a case shipping from Clarus, so if it is the same, I might as well drive it and smell some FO while I'm there!! Jeanie, I'd have to check my notes, but I'm thinking it was 4633 I was mixing it with. Thats been about 6 months and a billion waxes ago lol

I hear that on the notes and a billion waxes ago!

Just thought maybe you could save some $ if these two waxes are as close as I remembered. My best tart results were using IGI4625/6098. But did find using 4627 or CBL125 was a close 2nd. Do want to pick up a sample of 4633 now that a post on the forum let me know Peak sells samples in 2 lb sizes. Thought I'd toss some 415 in to get more depth out of the FOs.

I just went and checked my notes, it was 4633, but the blend with that was 80% 4633 and 20% 415. My other blend was 75% 415 and 25% ky 133. So many blends I can't keep up with them!! loved the 4633, really not sure why I switched....

lol....I've wondered why I've switched from a few too.

The 6098 was due to only using it in melts since it didn't work well for me in containers and I like having the container do double duty.

Wow!

I feel like I just arrived from Mars!

You "guy's" are some serious chandlers.

Do you remember in the movie "ET" When the dude wearing glasses is on the organ making the tunes with the lights and stuff, when the "mother ship" arrives and states 'They're playing way over my head!" ?

Well! That's how I felt reading this thread.

I'm sticking to good old IGI-4630. I'm too dumb to go searching for a better one.

Yikes!

Have a great weekend! It will be a snowy one for us.

I now HATE snow!

Dave

Dave- you'll get there. Jeanie, looking through my 4633 notes, the consistancy reminded me of straight petrolium jelly, that was why I switched, to find somethialng more opaque.... some times I get on my own nerves with all this!

ETA, I had to message Connie and ask about the wax, here is my reply for anyone that is interested...

Hi Melissa, Yes we will have Clarus 3022 in probably by the end of next week or beginning of the following week (Feb 5 at the latest). I believe these will be in 65 or 66 pound cases, so the price will roughly be $115 per case and $22.89 per slab. I also usually offer a half case price on all our waxes, which is 3 slabsfor $63.70. I should have the information on our website for ordering later today or early tomorrow. That way we can get pre-orders going and won’t have anyone waiting until our next truck comes in from Clarus. We will keep the product name of 3022, and you will find it under the Soy Blends section. Please let me know if you have any other questions! I’m really excited about this wax, I think it will serve a wider range of customers who want a good soy/veggie blend for jars and for tart making. Hope to hear from you soon!

@Dave ~ LOL

@FS ~ Oh, that may be why I switched from 4633. I'm not fond of translucidy in my candles either and sometimes put a little soy in to solve the problem. I'm so darn picky, its no wonder I can't get a satisfactory candle produced. I don't remember a straight petroleum consistently but that most likely would be due to this old age thing setting in quickly.

I still have to revisit it though now that it is on my mind. It won't leave until I do and will just drive myself crazy.

Edited by jeanie353

Wow isn't this expensive?

Dave- you'll get there. Jeanie, looking through my 4633 notes, the consistancy reminded me of straight petrolium jelly, that was why I switched, to find somethialng more opaque.... some times I get on my own nerves with all this!

ETA, I had to message Connie and ask about the wax, here is my reply for anyone that is interested...

Hi Melissa, Yes we will have Clarus 3022 in probably by the end of next week or beginning of the following week (Feb 5 at the latest). I believe these will be in 65 or 66 pound cases, so the price will roughly be $115 per case and $22.89 per slab. I also usually offer a half case price on all our waxes, which is 3 slabsfor $63.70. I should have the information on our website for ordering later today or early tomorrow. That way we can get pre-orders going and won’t have anyone waiting until our next truck comes in from Clarus. We will keep the product name of 3022, and you will find it under the Soy Blends section. Please let me know if you have any other questions! I’m really excited about this wax, I think it will serve a wider range of customers who want a good soy/veggie blend for jars and for tart making. Hope to hear from you soon!

Eh, it's a little more than I would like to pay. Not quite as bad as what I would pay locally. http://www.tristatecandlesupply.net/Candle_Making_Wax/index.php

If I were to get it at Connies, I would get the 1/2 case, shipping is $23.51 with nothing else, so $87.81, $2.64 a pound. And I would still have to figure out what I want to mix it with for my melts. I have been paying aprox. $3 a pound with the M38 from Tristate. But, lets just say I love this wax from CC, if I buy 1 case of container, and 1 case of tart wax at once, the shipping is the same for 1 case as it is for two, it'll be $1.47 a pound. Or if I went with a whole new supplier, lets just say, Peak, I would be paying around $2.25 pp if I bought by the case. Fingers crossed for the Candle Cocoon wax!!!