Whats wrong with me?

I went to Candle Cocoon this morning to order some more wicks to finish testing my 3022 candles, and what do I do?? I order some samples of paraffin wax and vyber!! Why why why!!!! I think I am a glutton for punishment!! I love 3022, but am kinda frustrated because I have to wait to order, because you have to order an entire case at once, and can only get it from one place. We are still playing catch up from Christmas, but had budgeted to get it the first payday in February. I had convinced myself, it is worth the wait. But I just can't stand not pouring anything!! I'm going nuts over here. I've never used vybar before. Worst thing that could happen, I love this new wax, and I have to make another change, halfway through a relaunch. I'm sure it will only set me back another month or 3..........

Edited by FaithfulScenter
too flustered to think straight!!

Well, I have a seat right next to you on the crazy 'wax chasing" boat!! On second thought, these days perhaps I am driving the boat!

I have a rule about wax that I can only get through one supplier. I do not use it.

I start Sunday what I hope to be my very last round (for now) of all the waxes I have tried. I have narrowed the field and am almost down to needing to order more wax. I like knowing all that I have tried and in which combinations. I also like knowing that if one is discontinued, where I would go next. Hoping to recruit a tester to confirm my narrowing.

Do not know which waxes you ordered but I'd be happy to share my experience if they are those I have tried.

All that said-you are trying to relaunch and sell so I cannot imagine how you are feeling!!

I have tried the 415, good throw, but I couldn't get over the crappy tops and frosting. I have also tried 444 and 464. I was convinced I was going to make a great soy candle, and they all drove me batty. 3022 is the best container soy wax I have come across. But then we go back to the only 1 supplier, and it's not like they are a candle company where I can get wicks and FO too. I get my wicks and dye from Candle Cocoon. And your right Lychelle is super sweet and has helped me tons already. It would be nice if my local supply would carry a decent wax, that would make life easier!!!

Agreed about the crappy tops...but I mix in some paraffin to smooth it out. But, yes, this 3022 is pretty great. Maybe I'm wrong...but looks like you can only get it from a Connie's Candles Supplies ... unless you want more than pallets of it from Clarus. Wish we could get a co-op of it here...I know I'd be in. Not sure how big of an interest there would be. Ah well. All the best to you...happy testing!

I should just clarify...Clarus forwarded my email to Connie's Candles & conniescandles.com contacted me directly.

Here is what she said:

"My name is Connie Potters with Connie’s Candles in Ohio . Melanie Centner from Clarus has forwarded your contact information to me, as we will be handling all orders of Clarus 3022 wax that are less than one pallet. So, in answer to your recent question to Melanie, we can certainly ship individual slabs of 3022 to you. I would expect that we will be receiving this wax in our warehouse in about 1-2 weeks. I should have all the ordering information available on our website by the end of this week or early next week. If you have any other questions or need a shipping quote before then, I would be happy to look that up for you. Good luck with your product testing and we look forward to hearing from you!"

Edited by marcuset

Connie's is one of the few (maybe the only one) who carries 6098 Victory wax. It is a parasoy. I played around with it for quite awhile and had great results on tarts using it. I wonder if it is the same wax as 3022.

ETA: Just over at Connie's and I don't see 6098 listed.

Edited by jeanie353

Thanks Jeanie! I'll smell them all I'm sure!! I can't wait, google maps says 77 miles, @ aprox. 18 mpg, that's about $30 in gas, not bad at all!!! Now I'll be stalking her website waiting to see just what it's going to cost per slab & case.

ETA: I could drive my hubby's work car instead of my trailblazer and save even more on gas!

Edited by FaithfulScenter

Shipping might be less then $30.00, unless you just want to go have fun!

QUOTE=FaithfulScenter;995732]Thanks Jeanie! I'll smell them all I'm sure!! I can't wait, google maps says 77 miles, @ aprox. 18 mpg, that's about $30 in gas, not bad at all!!! Now I'll be stalking her website waiting to see just what it's going to cost per slab & case.

ETA: I could drive my hubby's work car instead of my trailblazer and save even more on gas!

Edited by ChandlerWicks