Diamond candles?

• 5 weeks later...

Unfortunately, my girlfriend has a slight addiction to these. She may be trying to send me a signals ("buy me a real ring aleady!"). She has purchased about a half dozen so far over the past few months. Diamond Candles runs promotions often on sites like Groupon and DealChicken, which keeps them expensive, but not as expensive as on their own website. If you buy them through their website they are $25 plus shipping ($5 for one candle, shipping becomes a better deal when you buy more). If you get a deal through one of the third-party deal sites, then the candle ends up to be about $15-$20 with shipping. All the candles so far have come with the costume jewelry rings. The rings aren't ugly, but they aren't that great looking either. The candles are a decent size at 21oz. They are soy and are loaded with fragrance. They could probably downsize their wick a little bit, but they burn pretty decent. The wax does burn kind of odd though. Maybe it's because of the amount of FO. It's kind of hard to describe. It leaves a residue on the inside of the jar as it burns down and leaves little bubbles in the wax after you burn it for a while. You can see a few example of this on their own website. http://photos.diamondcandles.com/

I think it's a really neat concept, and if I wasn't making candles myself, I'd probably order one ;-) I think their prices(when they do their promotions) are reasonable too. But What I really love, are the containers their candles are in, I'm going to have to find me some of those!

I think it's a really neat concept, and if I wasn't making candles myself, I'd probably order one ;-) I think their prices(when they do their promotions) are reasonable too. But What I really love, are the containers their candles are in, I'm going to have to find me some of those!

The jars are probably Libbey Status jars, which many candle suppliers carry. Peak's version are called Prestige jars.

Edited by HorsescentS

Guest OldGlory

People surprise me - even after all these years, lol.

So, the diamond candle people are in the candle business to make money. They have to buy their ingredients like the rest of us. If their candles are reasonably priced, where is the money to put an expensive ring in the wax? They must be paying $1-$3 for the rings if they are going to make any money. And what kind of ring can you buy for $3?

Give me a well made product, no gimmicks, any day.