Activated Charcoal

Candybee

I use the activated bamboo charcoal from Buy Activated Charcoal (http://www.buyactivatedcharcoal.com/product/activated_charcoal_powder/bamboo/bulk). It is very, very fine and mixes easily with water. Don't need much to get a nice black color. I like the bamboo charcoal better than the stuff from NG. They told me that was a hardwood charcoal.

I don't make any claims, but I do give to people that generally have skin problems like eczema or psoriasis. Gave some to my DIL, didn't say anything about it, just gave her some bars. She came back to me wanting more because it was the only thing she has ever used to get rid of her eczema. She likes my regular soap as well, not as drying. But her favorite is 'one of those black bars....'.

It's a great colorant as well.

eta: They have some bamboo charcoal soap on their site as well. You can see how well it colors the soap. http://www.buyactivatedcharcoal.com/product/B-8231

I checked out their website. Have you ever tried the coconut shell activated charcoal? Wouldn't that work the same as the bamboo? They also carry the hardwood which is probably the most common and the one I have. I am curious about the coconut shell charcoal. Any insight would be helpful.

Well when I get around to ordering the bamboo charcoal I may try a sample of their coconut shell charcoal too. It sounds nice. Just wondering if it works as nice.

Okay-- just went back to their website www.buyactivatedcharcoal.com and the charcoal they use in the soaps they sell are made with BOTH kinds; bamboo and coconut shell. But I can't find info on what the difference is in the charcoal and how it effects the soap. So I will go ahead and try both.

Edited by Candybee