PSA re: Tradewinds

mzpickles

How's their Wild Mint And Ivy?

Ha! Here's the kicker, I've never tried any of their oils, I just had signed up for their mailing list right before Christmas. I've read about their FO's on this board and was planning on trying some out after the holidays were over. :cry2:

Ha! Here's the kicker, I've never tried any of their oils, I just had signed up for their mailing list right before Christmas. I've read about their FO's on this board and was planning on trying some out after the holidays were over. :cry2:

Bummer! I haven't either. This might be a reason why they're discontinuing their oils...LOL.

Sounds like that have..er. had a good selection of fragrances.

Edited by rctfavr3

Guest OldGlory

I bought from Tradewinds early in my evolution as a candlemaker. They had some very unique and wonderful FO's. I am sorry to hear they are discontinuing them.

Well crap! They just got going again after being out of commission for a long while. I had been waiting to order some oils after the holidays but dare not if they are going to discontinue.

For those of you who don't know-- the owner of Tradewinds had been fighting cancer and they were pretty much out of stock of everything for two years or more. They just got back to starting up their website again and stocking new oils.

I really, really miss them. They had some of the best oils I have ever used and have not been able to replace them.

I really, really miss them. They had some of the best oils I have ever used and have not been able to replace them.

I could not agree more. I purchased 4 oils from them in 4 oz sizes. (The only one that I did not care for was the wisteria.) I was going to stock up on the other three, but have decided not to. What is the point? Eventually they will run out and I will be back to square one again. It is very sad that this company can just not make it. I think that Select Shades will eventually be on its way out as well.

Noodle - have you used their Select Shades in CP soap? I was thinking of stocking up on them before they run out or possibly go OOB again. Just not sure they rock in CP and don't want to bother wasting my money if they are so-so or fade away in CP.

Dang!! I really want to buy their Hawaiian Sandalwood and soap it!!!

Candybee, I always use Select Shades for all of my soaps. It is wonderful in CP. To be honest, I do not know where to turn if Select Shades disappears as well. I have been using Select Shades for many, many years. Their Electric Kiwi is amazing. I do not use the Basic 8 set. I consistently use False Blue, Lemon Yellow, Muted Red, Electric Kiwi, Marmalade, and Violet Red. The Purple Velvet and Aquamarine are very nice. I just have no need for those colors and prefer mixing the others.

I feel your pain too.... Their Fresh Apricot is so nice. Sigh.... :sad2: