Southern Garden Scents

Ravens

Because I really, really need to try new FOs (not!!), I thought of giving SGS a try.

Their oils are a bit on the steep side, but if they're really good, I don't mind paying the price. What do you think of their FOs? Any that I absolutely should try? (no florals, please).

TIA :smiley2:

Because I really, really need to try new FOs (not!!), I thought of giving SGS a try.

Their oils are a bit on the steep side, but if they're really good, I don't mind paying the price. What do you think of their FOs? Any that I absolutely should try? (no florals, please).

TIA :smiley2:

Do they have waxes there? lol

May want to ask Chandler about them. She either just tested or is still testing some new ones she got in.

ETA: Now I'm 2nd guessing myself on if that is the company or not :confused:

Edited by jeanie353

I don't think they do, Jeanie. But.... will have to tell you my latest adventures with wax combinations!

Why can't we just leave things as they are? Why do we do this to ourselves?

I know, if it ain't broke.... still, can't help myself:laugh2: I'm pretty sure you understand, Jeanie.

Ok, Chandler, oh Chandler - where are you?

Do they have waxes there? lol

May want to ask Chandler about them. She either just tested or is still testing some new ones she got in.

ETA: Now I'm 2nd guessing myself on if that is the company or not :confused:

Ok, Chandler, oh Chandler - where are you?

She'll be back on around 4:00-5:00 am.

I don't think they do, Jeanie. But.... will have to tell you my latest adventures with wax combinations!

Do tell! Can't wait to hear what you whipped up. I have 4 votive testers of different combos am testing for HT now. They are actually the same I've been working with just in different combos and percentages.

Why can't we just leave things as they are? Why do we do this to ourselves?

They may have a support group for this.

If there is no support group, someone should start one, and we'd be the first ones to sign up, wouldn't we? :laugh2::laugh2:

Hey, we could start a support group right here! What a perfect place; we could have a support group for the soapers also.... I'm sure many of them like to experiment with oils percentages and bases, etc. etc. :wink2:

The oils are fantastic with B&B and some are good in candles. Too bad they are out of black pepper. It's a great scent. One of the most realistic Dragon's Blood FOs out there. Euc & Spearmint, frosted pink cupcake, sandalwood rose (was one of the best), vervaine olive blossom very, very nice and twilight dream (it's a lavender combo) ... I know you said no floral right, but these are the ones from here I've tried and really like. This used to be home to Goddess, but they don't carry that any more along with several others that I do have.

Seems that Goddess was/is quite popular. I think it's available at Daystar, but wonder if it's the same or their own spin. Now, I love sandalwood, never tried it with rose, but that one will go on my "FOs to try" list. Thanks for the suggestions, Scented :smiley2:

Ooops, nearly forgot, but what does vervain smell like? It's not an "old man barbershop" type of scent, is it?

The oils are fantastic with B&B and some are good in candles. Too bad they are out of black pepper. It's a great scent. One of the most realistic Dragon's Blood FOs out there. Euc & Spearmint, frosted pink cupcake, sandalwood rose (was one of the best), vervaine olive blossom very, very nice and twilight dream (it's a lavender combo) ... I know you said no floral right, but these are the ones from here I've tried and really like. This used to be home to Goddess, but they don't carry that any more along with several others that I do have.

Good Morning Ravens, I've only tested a few so far. At first at 6% they seemed light but the more they are curing in 4627 the better they are throwing.

Nag Champa- Good but light

Tinseled Garden-No HT

Honeysuckle Grapefruit-Good, strong

Oatmeal.Milk & Honey-Weak

Southern Belle-Good, strong

Cinnamon-Light

Lime Blossom-Good, strong

Polo Blue for Men-Good, strong

Spiced Apple Cider-Good, strong

Love Spell, Good, strong

Almond, Milk & Honey-Weak

Green Cactus-Good, strong

Orange Chilli Pepper-Good, strong

Pink Sugar-Good, strong

Coconut-Ok, Med. strong

Edited by ChandlerWicks

Good Morning Ravens, I've only tested a few so far. At first at 6% they seemed light but the more they are curing in 4627 the better they are throwing.

Nag Champa- Good but light

Tinseled Garden-No HT

Honeysuckle Grapefruit-Good, strong

Oatmeal.Milk & Honey-Weak

Southern Belle-Good, strong

Cinnamon-Light

Lime Blossom-Good, strong

Polo Blue for Men-Good, strong

Spiced Apple Cider-Good, strong

Love Spell, Good, strong

Almond, Milk & Honey-Weak

Green Cactus-Good, strong

Orange Chilli Pepper-Good, strong

Pink Sugar-Good, strong

Coconut-Ok, Med. strong

Just a few...........

Thank you, Scented and Camay!

Chandler, thanks for the list of the "few" FOs you tested :cheesy2:

Will give the ones you rated "strong" a try; hope they'll be strong in my 4633 and 4786 for the candles, and my beloved TCS for tarts. You know all about my "Adventures with 4627" already.... I just don't get along with that baby:laugh2:

Ok you two, that's a few of the ones I bought. She had 30% off! I've decided to test as many FOs as I can from the same vendor at one time. Hopefully her next sale she'll have the OOSs in stock!

Ravens if you can, pour directly into the little votive jars & test them in the jars. You save alot of wax, FO & time.

Now, you know that if we didn't like you we would not be teasing you, right? Do you add them to the wax at 1 oz. per pound?

Ok you two, that's a few of the ones I bought. She had 30% off! I've decided to test as many FOs as I can from the same vendor at one time. Hopefully her next sale she'll have the OOSs in stock!

Ravens if you can, pour directly into the little votive jars & test them in the jars. You save alot of wax, FO & time.