Demeter

rctfavr3

I'll be danged if I'm going to shell out mega bucks for Demeter fragrance roll ons and colognes when I can make my own using FOs. Problem is; where can I buy those FOs?

To offer such quirky scented products you'd think someone...or some supplier would make Demeter's entire scent library in the form of FO dupes. Most of their scents are amazing...some are just plain odd; but what's really odd is being able to find them, and at a decent price. ( dupe or original)

Other than SOS and a few at NG; are there any other suppliers I may have overlooked in searching for these specialty FOs?

I needs me some Demeter dupes dangit...:undecided

Edited by rctfavr3

Drats. I tried them before. But, not their Demeter dupes. I wasn't all that impressed. But figured I'd try it again.

Hmm? EDIT: Doesn't look like that have what I want anyway.

Looking for a dupe of their Gin and Tonic, Tarnish, Humidor, and Firefly.

Edited by rctfavr3

• 2 weeks later...
Well then stand up and make yourself known to the group.

We meet every Saturday morning, with fresh coffee and donuts.

Do you need a sponsor? We're here to help.

LMAO! You're pretty funny. Not a coffee fan though, dang.

Keep your eyes out on Day-Star and The Scent Works. Those two are pretty good at bringing in dupes from time to time. I don't recall seeing Demeter there though. Now when I go out shopping I'll have to scout for the fragrances I imagine.

And you know, you might be able to encourage other suppliers to get on it and find something, but perfumes and colognes tend to dwindle out of popularity pretty frequently. Maybe that's why not so many are carrying dupes. Another duper is Just Scent ... just saying.

LMAO! You're pretty funny. Not a coffee fan though, dang.

Keep your eyes out on Day-Star and The Scent Works. Those two are pretty good at bringing in dupes from time to time. I don't recall seeing Demeter there though. Now when I go out shopping I'll have to scout for the fragrances I imagine.

And you know, you might be able to encourage other suppliers to get on it and find something, but perfumes and colognes tend to dwindle out of popularity pretty frequently. Maybe that's why not so many are carrying dupes. Another duper is Just Scent ... just saying.

Thanks. LOL. Actually one of the reasons why I favor Demeter is because most of their scents are very linear, which would makes them perfect for using in blends, much like FOs. Where most colognes and perfumes are abstract, dynamic, and vast in their aroma profile useually geared toward a single gender; Demeters are not and are only meant to evoke the singular scent they create. It's a niche scented spray geared toward anyone with an apprecation of singluar scents, novelty, execution, and scent memory. They don't go out of fashion.

The scents they create (most being specialty or novelty) would be very useful in our industry. Something that I think more suppliers are starting to realize, but it's still very difficult finding dupes of their scents. Most people would turn their nose up at Demeter's Mildew or Gasp!...Dust. But every scent, even the odd ducks, has a a place in both perfumery and candlemaking when used properly. And I think we're personally hurting ourselves when we don't attempt to try new fragrances. While I personally wouldn't consider using some of their scents as a standalone fragrance in candle or linen spray, etc. I do think we need these scents for blending purposes.

A lot of Demeter's scents are amazingly accurate to the point of evoking a memory often from childhood. If a scent can do THAT! It needs to be replicated. Oh, I wish I could find these scents.

Edited by rctfavr3

OK so I learned something about what a demeter is.

Start hunting through some perfumery sites. Wish I still had the links, but when my laptop went down, so did the links. Sigh. There was one out there on making a leather and some other things. Actually there's a ton of stuff out there on the perfumery aspect of things. It required a lot of blending though.

This was what you were going for with swimming pool and metal right?

OK so I learned something about what a demeter is.

Start hunting through some perfumery sites. Wish I still had the links, but when my laptop went down, so did the links. Sigh. There was one out there on making a leather and some other things. Actually there's a ton of stuff out there on the perfumery aspect of things. It required a lot of blending though.

This was what you were going for with swimming pool and metal right?

yep. It's a perfume company but they're a niche market with singular "pick me up" scents not colognes. Interesting concept for a company but their scents would be amazing if they could be duped as FOs. And, yes. Swimming Pool and Metal would be just a few of the scents I'd be interested in creating or have replicated. You can see their entire scent library here: http://www.demeterfragrance.com/

Edited by rctfavr3

Actually being in a Lush last summer made me like the ability to layer to create something else. I bought the Breath of God and now can't remember what they found that layers over it quite nicely. Pretty sure it was something with sandalwood and saffron and saffron is like as bad as jasmine in EO. Now had I played that power ball and won, I would have splurged on both lol.

Edited by Scented

Actually being in a Lush last summer made me like the ability to layer to create something else. I bought the Breath of God and now can't remember what they found that layers over it quite nicely. Pretty sure it was something with sandalwood and saffron and saffron is like as bad as jasmine in EO. Now had I played that power ball and won, I would have splurged on both lol.

Lush has some amazing scents too! I wish fragrance suppliers would start offering more of these unique linear scents.

The sheer novelty of them are very intriguing.

Edited by rctfavr3

I'll email them. Doesn't hurt to ask. Any other suppliers that might be game to duping a few Demeter scents.

Oh, on a related matter...

if ANYONE wants to try a small selection of Demeter's pick me up fragrance mists, you might be able to find them at your local CVS. Some stores carry these as a specialty item in their perfume section. Scents include: Laundromat, Pure Soap, Baby Powder, Lilac, Honeysuckle and a few others. They smell fantastic.